Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Re: The Da Vinci Code

Jan 2, 2007

SocomMaster11 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:
I always wondered that myself.  What information did Leonardo DaVinci have 500 years ago that we don't have now?

Anyway, it's a story.  Kinda neat twist on the phrase "san greal".  Pure fiction though.

I liked the movie, but I don't believe anything coming from it:smileyhappy:

I thought Dan Brown said the book was entirely fictional? So, as to why people believe it, I have no idea.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Jan 2, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

SocomMaster11 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:
I always wondered that myself.  What information did Leonardo DaVinci have 500 years ago that we don't have now?

Anyway, it's a story.  Kinda neat twist on the phrase "san greal".  Pure fiction though.

I thought Dan Brown said the book was entirely fictional? So, as to why people believe it, I have no idea.

Stupid people with even more stupid theories:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2978 posts

Jan 2, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

SocomMaster11 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

If you didnt read the part about the book being fictional, its easy to see why people believe it.  He presents the book in a way that can convince many people.  Why else would he start off the book by writing facts, then follow it up with his "fictional" story.  I never saw the movie, however.  From what ive heard, it has an interestingly addictive plot.  At least its getting kids to read...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1419 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Slapshot55 wrote:
On new years eve, I rented the movie "The Da Vinci Code"  (I've read the book before, too), and I'm confused on how they verify their "facts" based on Da Vinci's paintings.  He lived over a 1000 years after Jesus Christ, so how does he know all this stuff, making his information, credible?

its a good movie:smileyhappy:
Starwars battle front 3 announced?
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18074 posts

Jan 2, 2007
It's fictional, but hey.. so is the Bible. People think Dan Brown's books are actual information because in the front of the book, it says something in the sense of, "All accounts in the book are based on factual information". Most of the history is correct in his books, and the fictional twists he throws in are easily mistaken as right. But who knows, anyway? The book's interesting and a great read.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Jan 2, 2007

SimMaster wrote:
It's fictional, but hey.. so is the Bible. People think Dan Brown's books are actual information because in the front of the book, it says something in the sense of, "All accounts in the book are based on factual information". Most of the history is correct in his books, and the fictional twists he throws in are easily mistaken as right. But who knows, anyway? The book's interesting and a great read.

Don't really wanna start a fight here or anything with anyone, but all religions are kinda...erummm..made-up..

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 2, 2007

SocomMaster11 wrote:

SimMaster wrote:

Don't really wanna start a fight here or anything with anyone, but all religions are kinda...erummm..made-up..

Religion's a taboo topic and not really allowed to be discussed here. There really was no reason to bring it up- Harry potter's a fictional book, and any other book that won't cause controversy could've been used as an example.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes