Message 81 of 129 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Re: The Confession Thread.

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

EDIT: NVM

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 82 of 129 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I confess to posting in the older thread when I see a new thread pop up that was already made

Message 83 of 129 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Allu don't be shy. <3
Message 84 of 129 (128 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Confession #312:

I threw my education away in favor of video games. I was deemed a very intelligent student and I thought for sure getting into a 4-year college would be a breeze (as did everyone else). But instead of caring about grades, I cared more about killing online strangers. I don't think video games overall have a detrimental effect on kids and teens, but I was one that did. 

There, serious confession! Now please continue. 

Message 85 of 129 (121 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

Wow lots of people having depression problems. May I ask why is that? Life has so much that you can do to relieve stress and enjoy yourself.

I confess.. I was (almost) semi-raped once, lol. I was around 7 years old and some guy convinced me to walk with him so he'd fix my bicycle (it was broken). And.. that's enough I think. Smiley Tongue But it's not a physical abuse of some sorts, it's complicated.

Message 86 of 129 (118 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jul 10, 2013
I'm not really Iron Man. Smiley Sad
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 87 of 129 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Wow lots of people having depression problems. May I ask why is that? Life has so much that you can do to relieve stress and enjoy yourself.

Depression is weird. I don't think many people can really pinpoint why they're depressed; they just are. It's difficult to explain. It's definitely not something people can control. It's deep-rooted, and tough to admit because you can't exactly tell people why

For many, the simple pleasures in life are lost. There might be no joy in going to the beach, or taking a walk in the park on a warm summer's evening, or hanging out with old friends and acquaintences. The brain just isn't wired that way anymore. Those are just examples for some.

Message 88 of 129 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Depression is weird. I don't think many people can really pinpoint why they're depressed; they just are. It's difficult to explain. It's definitely not something people can control. It's deep-rooted, and tough to admit because you can't exactly tell people why

For many, the simple pleasures in life are lost. There might be no joy in going to the beach, or taking a walk in the park on a warm summer's evening, or hanging out with old friends and acquaintences. The brain just isn't wired that way anymore. Those are just examples for some.

I know some of the depressions result from unusual hormone levels and such, but there has to be something that depressed person loves to do. I agree some people donot like those stuff that look appealing to normal people, but there has to be something every person enjoys.

For one, video games are very fun to some people while not so much for others. Same thing applies to all "fun" things to do in life.

Message 89 of 129 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Dr_McNoob wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

I know some of the depressions result from unusual hormone levels and such, but there has to be something that depressed person loves to do. I agree some people donot like those stuff that look appealing to normal people, but there has to be something every person enjoys.

For one, video games are very fun to some people while not so much for others. Same thing applies to all "fun" things to do in life.

From my somewhat limited knowledge:

You get feelings of fun/pleasure because your brain creates a certain level of dopamine (the hormone you spoke of) during activities you enjoy.. With depression, your brain DOES NOT create the regular quantity, but instead makes very limited amounts of dopamine instead, which is why you don't get the regular feeling that you should have.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 90 of 129 (87 Views)
0 Likes