Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: The Best Game You Never Had?

Jan 8, 2014

World at War, Beyond Two Souls (I watched it online, does it still count?), The Last of Us, and aloot more. I'm getting them soon, I hope. Oh, and Assassin's Creed.. all of them..

... I got my PS3 not too long ago.

Message 21 of 33 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2295 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Uncharted 2 and World at war.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 22 of 33 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Bioshock

The last of us

photo ry2dGaAA0VPV_zps779cde2a.gif>
Friend code me i get pretty lonesome 2165-6983-6109
Message 23 of 33 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
Heavy Rain Smiley Sad

Same. It feels like it's too late to get into it and I'll never be able to play it now. Smiley Sad

I had it in my hands. Brought it new.
Got about 3 scenes in and it didn't work -_-.

Couldn't return it because I got it overseas.

Another game I wish I'd brought was Red Dead Redemption

...Portal 2

...I was also REALLY close to getting Hitman Absolution and Deus Ex, but decided not to, last second. 

here's hoping Gaikai or smthng allows me to play those on PS4.

BTW, am I a bad person if I sold the broken Heavy Rain copy to my local game shoppe? 

Do you feel me?

Message 24 of 33 (74 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4501 posts

Jan 9, 2014

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
Heavy Rain Smiley Sad

Same. It feels like it's too late to get into it and I'll never be able to play it now. Smiley Sad

I had it in my hands. Brought it new.
Got about 3 scenes in and it didn't work -_-.

Couldn't return it because I got it overseas.

Another game I wish I'd brought was Red Dead Redemption

...Portal 2

...I was also REALLY close to getting Hitman Absolution a great reason to have PS+, Hitman Absolution was a free game. and Deus Ex, but decided not to, last second. 

here's hoping Gaikai or smthng allows me to play those on PS4.

BTW, am I a bad person if I sold the broken Heavy Rain copy to my local game shoppe? 

Heavy Rain, and the Kingdom Hearts games. 

Message 25 of 33 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jan 9, 2014
OP, that is what I am most excited about the PS4 for, the ability to record in-game footage without having to buy a seperate recorder for 100 bucks.

It is different for every year, every year I have a couple of THOSE games that I never get tired of.

2013?

- ACIV has me hooked, it had me hooked since october and I still have not finished all of the main missions yet because I am having a blast simply sailing around and discovering new locations/wrecks and hunting great whites.

- Bioshock Infinite was amazing, even better than TLoU imho, TLoU was a great game, I still have it in my collection so don't get me wrong or anything, but other than the story..... TLoU doesn't have much to compete for with Bioshock... the mechanics for TLoU weren't the greatest(not trying to dis naughty dog or anything).

- GTA V has to be my final pick for 2013, GTA Online I guess can join it in this spot. GTA Online IS a fun experience, except for the fact that right now it is overtaken by cheaters, the future DOES look bright for GTAO(That is.. if elder scrolls online and Everquest next don't beat it out this year or next year, which they prob will :/. Now as far as the SP experience of GTA V? Superior in every way, the BEST GTA game by far, yes, even much better than SA, and those who disagree have gone mad with nostalgia.

for the PS3 era of video games? Couldn't choose a favorite... but here are some I like off the top of my head:

- KH Remix 1.5 is on my list for one simple reason... i'm a KH fan, personally. So this decision may be biased, to choose a game like KH as one of my ALL time favs, but it's true, and with the remix, you get 2 games and a KH animated movie along with it. Icing on the cake if you ask me. With 2.5 around the corner, and it also having 2 games and a movie with it will also be worth the full retail price, imo. KH2 is my fazv KH game of all time, and I haven't the chance to play Birth by Sleep yet, so being able to play a whole remastered version for the PS3 will be amazing.

- the Uncharted series deserves it's place up here. Amazing series from amazing game developers, Naughty Dog. TLoU was a good game, but it will be hard to top the emotional journey that ND took us through with nathan drake and his treasure hunting crew. Maybe one day... If this weren't just my top PS3 games, believe me, I would have EVER ND games up here.

- Red Dead Redemption has to be on this list, for obvious reasons to anyone who has played more than 5 hours of it. It is, imho, Rockstars hidden jewel. Their little cupcake, same with Bully, but were not talking about Bully right now. RDR is SAID to be getting some form of follow up game to it, but that could happen in 2017 for all we know. But why is RDR so **bleep** good? Because it takes a setting not many developers like to tinker with. Much like ACIV taking the pirates, RDR perfected everything that could have been western in a virtual video game world. From the guns, to the horseback riding, everything was smooth and it actually made you feel like a badass outlaw. Not only that, but the story? Incredible story, Rockstar DID impress me with this game, I mean, I knew they knew how to make amazing games, but I don't think ANYONE excepted Rockstar to pop out with something like Red dead Redemption.

- The Mass Effect Series also deserves a place on my list. GREAT scifi experience. Anyone interested in the universe/extraterrestrial/galactic war, or anything of that sort, you will fall in love with this game, or at least the games story... ME has a big emphasis on STORY, like many other Bioware games, respectively. Specially when talking about the first ME(finally released for the Sony PS3 XD), very minimal action, lots of cutscene and dialogue choices, along with RPG elements to be found. It's hard to explain, so I will leave it at: It's an epic series, and any gamer who wants to improve their gaming experience NEEDS to experience these games(or ANY games i've listed above!).

- Borderlands 1/2 are on my list, tied for the same spot. Why? Simple, both great, fun FPS games, and I have a hard time making decisions. Smiley Wink
Borderlands 2 is personally my fav out of the bunch, with a better main story, a better main boss with an actual personality, and much better DLC releases imo, oh, and of course a lot more guns! But you shouldn't experience the second without the first, and the first is just as amazing, if not as breathtaking as the second. Don't wanna spoil anything, so i'll leave it at: Amazing, fun, out of this world FPS with RPG elements. TONS of loot for the looters, TONS of quests for the questers, EVERYONE wins in Borderlands!

- Silent Hill HD Collection is on my list... yes, but just wait one darn second! I am limited to choosing my fav PS3 games, and since all of the PS3 SH's are somewhat boring and lame and cheesy, I am going to pick the HD collection of the original SH 2 and 3 that was recently released. Is it the best hd collections? No, actually it is dubbed as one of the worst(lol), but that is mainly due to SH fans being VERY picky and precise with what they want, bashing konami for changing the lighting in one room, and leaving the next room too dark. Anyone who hasn't experience Silent Hill 2 or 3 NEEDS to go pick this up. BEWARE of course, it will not be the same exact experience, since the HD collection features new voice actors and textures... but still great games, much better than Fatal Frame or RE imho.

- the Assassins Creed series has been a wonder, truly. ACIV is just amazing in every way, even if it doesn't hook you like some of the previous greats did, it still gets the job done and you feel either satisfied at the end of the game, or wanting more, both of which are good. Anyhow, I put ALL the AC games in my list, for one simple fact...they are all very heavily connected(most of them...), and it works out best to play from the beginning(or at least ACII to be introduced to the man you will call ezio from now on). Amazing series about the secret order of templars and assassins battling it out all across the world, for centuries. It starts with the first game, and we have gotten all the way to the pirate age, what is next for this great series? Idk, stay tuned.

- Lastly, let's put LBP series on my list, just to top it off real fast. What can be said about the Little Big Planet? It's a place where all of our ideas and creations go once were done with them. This is exactly what LBP represents. Total imagination, total creativity, total platforming. I always called this a cross between minecraft and the super mario bros, but that's just me. LBP2 is the one you are gonna wanna buy as it comes with everything LBP1 had, and more. Haven't personally had the chance to test the waters with Little Big Planet Karting yet, but I really wanna give it a try whenever I scrounge up the dough. Simply put, it's an amazing game, with an even more amazing community that supports it. The game is really only as good as the community, since LBP relies on player creation to keep the game fresh and new for others, this means new levels every day you login, from people all over the world. Crazy whacky levels that not even the games developers thought of making up, it's really insane. Love this series, LBP2 was the FIRST game I had for the PS3, mainly because when I bought my PS3 the game came with it for free, lol, but I did not complain once when I put that puppy in the machine and started playing it.

Can't think of anything else atm...

Honorable Mentions:

- Skyrim
- The Last of Us
- Minecraft
- Far Cry 3

@ID Get minecraft for PS3... it is obviously not too late if the games creator JUST released the PS3 version. It is not too late if you haven't played it, because it's all new to you. Great game, I didn't put it in my main list, only my honorables, but it is truly worth the 20, if you are into that sort of game(would really recommend demo before anything, MC is a love it or hate it type of game, much like..... runescape in a sense)

GTA V was amazing, not over hyped at all. Rockstar games has earned all that hype because they have proven they can make some pretty **bleep** good open world games. If RDR wasn't enough to convince you to buy GTA V, idk what will...

As for WoW? Eh...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 26 of 33 (68 Views)
Sackboy
466 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

If it was my best game i would have it,j/k. My game was Sleeping Dogs.

Message 27 of 33 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6374 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

Heavy Rain, and the Kingdom Hearts games. 

Yup, same here.

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 28 of 33 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13099 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I have yet to try out the GOTY versions of the first two Borderlands games, the Uncharted games, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix, Saints Row IV, GTA V, God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls, and other games I haven't played in the previous years.

Playstation Support Phone Number
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Message 29 of 33 (47 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12428 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
SNIP

- Silent Hill HD Collection is on my list... yes, but just wait one darn second! I am limited to choosing my fav PS3 games, and since all of the PS3 SH's are somewhat boring and lame and cheesy, I am going to pick the HD collection of the original SH 2 and 3 that was recently released. Is it the best hd collections? No, actually it is dubbed as one of the worst(lol), but that is mainly due to SH fans being VERY picky and precise with what they want, bashing konami for changing the lighting in one room, and leaving the next room too dark. Anyone who hasn't experience Silent Hill 2 or 3 NEEDS to go pick this up. BEWARE of course, it will not be the same exact experience, since the HD collection features new voice actors and textures... but still great games, much better than Fatal Frame or RE imho.

SNIP

Actually, there is a lot more to it than that (and you don't need to be a "picky Silent Hill fan" in order to see the issues with this collection). Some people consider the Silent Hill HD Collection to be the worst HD Collection in existence for legitimate reasons. I think this has more to do with consumers having standards and expecting to play decent versions of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 in this collection rather than a couple of video games that were slapped together from incomplete beta source code. You are correct though, the versions of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 in the Silent Hill HD Collection are not the versions of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 that some of us experienced over a decade ago. In my honest opinion, this is unfortunate.

A little while ago ccrogers15 touched upon SOME of the issues in the Silent Hill HD Collection. Feel free to check them out if you like.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Does-Silent-Hill-actually-scare-you/m-p...

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 30 of 33 (45 Views)
0 Likes