Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Re: The BIG Box Project!!!

Jan 20, 2007

funkater wrote:
SCAM you donate the money they keep it and never send a box.

Uhhh, actually it's not a scam buddy.  Good try though...  The story has already been covered by many major sites...  My buddy already has sponsors calling him to advertise on the box.  Money has already been raised, and furthermore-- he is my good friend.  It's not about the money, he could care less about that....  It's about the statement and fun this is going to cause...  

Read the "for the skeptics" section of the website.  It's not a scam.  Many phases of the project will be documented as well... 
www.thebigboxproject.com ---- CHECK OUT THAT SITE
Message 11 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jan 20, 2007
go for it!!!! I would donate, but im not old enough to.Smiley Sad
PM me to find out what my handle really is...Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 20, 2007

**bleep** wrote:
go for it!!!! I would donate, but im not old enough to.Smiley Sad

Give your dad a buck and have him donate for you then...  Everyone should have a paypal account anyways...  Ebay has so much to offer
Message 13 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Jan 21, 2007
Wait, why would anyone donate again? To buy a box?

think different
Message 14 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 21, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

It's up to the person donating why they would want to donate...  I'm not here to tell people why they should donate, or if they should at all...  That's up to them.  I'm just spreading the word cause I find it a cool venture so to speak... 

If you don't think it's a cause worth donating a buck or two for...  or even 50 cents...  then don't.  It's that simple. 

But, the main purpose of the project is to draw attention to big corporations essentially doing as they please with policies, well, because they are huge corporations and have the power to do so without the standard consumer being able to do much about it...  So my buddy is trying to do something about that and make a statement that will be fun as well as worth something (to some people, at least). 

If I were in his shoes, I would've gladly coughed up the $15 to get my 360 shipped and repaired as fast as possible.
Message 15 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Jan 21, 2007

gaffnova wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

It's up to the person donating why they would want to donate...  I'm not here to tell people why they should donate, or if they should at all...  That's up to them.  I'm just spreading the word cause I find it a cool venture so to speak... 

If you don't think it's a cause worth donating a buck or two for...  or even 50 cents...  then don't.  It's that simple. 

But, the main purpose of the project is to draw attention to big corporations essentially doing as they please with policies, well, because they are huge corporations and have the power to do so without the standard consumer being able to do much about it...  So my buddy is trying to do something about that and make a statement that will be fun as well as worth something (to some people, at least). 

If I were in his shoes, I would've gladly coughed up the $15 to get my 360 shipped and repaired as fast as possible.

It's the company's policy..they can modify them all they want. I don't think there's anything holding them back.

think different
Message 16 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 21, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

gaffnova wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

It's the company's policy..they can modify them all they want. I don't think there's anything holding them back.

I'm not about to argue with you...  I know that, and have nothing wrong with that.  I just think what my buddy's doing is neat and original so I enjoy being a spokeperson of sorts for him.

I'm a business major.  I fully understand their policies and don't really disagree much with my buddy's situation...  Nor do I really disagree with his reaction because I know his interests and standards and his overall perception that led him to creating the project... 
Message 17 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 21, 2007
BUMP. 
Message 18 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 22, 2007
The site will be updated with forums in the next day or two, providing everyone interested in the project to come in and chat it up about your favorite GIANT box. 

Keep your eyes on the site guys! 
Message 19 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12303 posts

Jan 22, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

So then they can do whatever they want. =/
» Follow me @OfficialOc «
Message 20 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes