Jan 20 2007
By: gaffnova~ Uncharted Territory 1496 posts

The BIG Box Project!!!

45 replies 1 views Edited Jan 20, 2007
Lol. My friend had a less-than-satisfactory experience with the change in MS's new box/shipping policy, so he decided to do something about it...

For those of you who don't know, if you have a busted or deadweighted 360 (rings of death), you are now required to personally cover the shipping and handling costs of sending your 360 to the repair center. Before, as many of you well know, MS would ever so gratiously cover the cost of shipping a box to you, so that you could send in and later receive your repaired 360 at no extra cost to you. But, as stated, this has now changed, and the discrepancy in the level of service offered for a faulty product has prompted my good friend to not only question the situation and new policy, but to take advantage of the system and give MS quite the BIG surprise. Since MS requires you to pay for and send them a box, and promises to return your 360 to you in that exact same box, my friend has come up with quite the idea...

So, please follow this link, and check out the story. It's good for some humor regarding customer service situations if nothing else. If you find solace in what my friend is doing, if you want to support such a great BIG cause, and if you want in, then go ahead and offer your resources to the cause. This is for the consumer's gain and will no doubt gain some attention if it only gets some of YOUR support. Enjoy.

Also, he put up the initiative on Digg.com

Check it out and give it a digg. The story has now already been covered on Joystiq, The Consumerist, and plenty of other gaming/related sites... 
www.thebigboxproject.com ---- CHECK OUT THAT SITE
Message 1 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Re: The BIG Box Project!!!

Jan 20, 2007
Good luck with that.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 2 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 20, 2007

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:
Good luck with that.

I figured many people on this site would get a kick out of this....   

It's even well-received on the Xbox forums... 
Message 3 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10305 posts

Jan 20, 2007
LMao i cant wait to hear about the reaction, but a steel box would not be cardboard...he should stick with just sending his own xbox in or else the people at microsoft wont know who to send it to..Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 20, 2007

swattkidd wrote:
LMao i cant wait to hear about the reaction, but a steel box would not be cardboard...he should stick with just sending his own xbox in or else the people at microsoft wont know who to send it to..Smiley Very Happy

Who said it has to be cardboard?  They just asked him to provide the box and means of shipping them his 360, in a box.  A box can be many different materials....  Therefore, he decided to start this site and get the biggest, hardest, most obnoxious box possible-- a freight shipping container. 
Message 5 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 20, 2007
What's the matter, you guys don't like to read?  I figured of all the forums I posted this in, people in this forum would have the most fun with this idea.  Ironically, the opposite situation holds true...  Oh well. 

Here is a LINK to the Joystiq article...
Message 6 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2007
That guy is a complete idiot that wont work.  MS can simply not accept the package and it would be returned.  Theyd probably charge him for the return as well.
Message 7 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Jan 20, 2007
Haha, their conversation was a good read. Imagine MS getting hundreds of huge boxes

think different
Message 8 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Forerunner wrote:
That guy is a complete idiot that wont work.  MS can simply not accept the package and it would be returned.  Theyd probably charge him for the return as well.

MS is obligated by their own terms to fix his 360 if he goes through the steps of providing the means and costs of shipping his 360 to them.  Just like they are obligated to cover the return trip costs by shipping him his repaired 360 in HIS property (the giant box).  So, please, enlighten us and explain why this won't work.  If MS tries to change policies or mess around with his property, then they will have a lawsuit on their hands... 
Message 9 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3507 posts

Jan 20, 2007
SCAM you donate the money they keep it and never send a box.

Message 10 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes