Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
633 posts

Re: Tell the truth now....

Oct 11, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

I'm going to say this, just 'cuz: Virginity or a lack thereof is not a social class.  The only person your virginity should matter to is you.  If you are or are not having sex to impress someone else, there's a serious issue afoot. 

Enjoy your life in whichever way suits you, so long as no harm is caused to anyone else in the pursuit of your happiness.

the way people see it is kinda stupid if you ask me,  it's a good thing if a girl is virgin but if a boy is virgin then something is wrong with him, You want a girl to be virgins when you marry them but you don't want boys to be virgins by the same age or even younger you get what I'm saying? WTH is wrong with people?

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 93 (109 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14233 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

I'm going to say this, just 'cuz: Virginity or a lack thereof is not a social class.  The only person your virginity should matter to is you.  If you are or are not having sex to impress someone else, there's a serious issue afoot. 

Enjoy your life in whichever way suits you, so long as no harm is caused to anyone else in the pursuit of your happiness.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 93 (95 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12577 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

the way people see it is kinda stupid if you ask me,  it's a good thing if a girl is virgin but if a boy is virgin then something is wrong with him, You want a girl to be virgins when you marry them but you don't want boys to be virgins by the same age or even younger you get what I'm saying? WTH is wrong with people?

It is a double standard when looking at it from a gender-neutral perspective. But we need to remember who makes these judgements: their peers of, typically, the same gender. 

In our culture, many guys think of sex as a sign of being a big MAN! Or being MATURE! It really depends on what group you are with. 

Girls, on the other hand, are odd about it. In some cases, you are promiscuous and a very easy person. And, in other cases, you are fine. It depends on the type of girls they hang around, they guy they had sex with, and more. Guys have the same pressure. Being in football may have you around guys who like to have sex often and with many people. This may give pressure. Other groups may not be so pushy. 

How society views it can all relate to pop culture. Television sure makes the promiscuous lifestyle appealing to guys. Maybe to women, but not nearly as much. 

There are just so many factors that determine it at different levels. School, family, society, etc. 

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 93 (81 Views)
0 Likes