Fender Bender
4830 posts

Re: ** THE NINTENDO WII GETS SUED!!!**

Dec 9, 2006

Hybrid oo7 wrote:
Standing from a neutral standpoint. Wii's bread & butter is the remote. If the judge decides for Nintendo too discontinue the "Wiimote", this could be devastating. However, if the judge says "Nintendo pay up" I don't see too much of a problem.

Besides, the Wiimote has sold more than.... 3 million, what's the point of discontinuing the Wiimote? I think all they have to do is make Reggie sell some names, and pay up.
Message 81 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Dec 9, 2006

tommylink wrote:

Saibomb wrote:

Lt.Agar wrote:
I'm still playing with the Wii I got launch day thank goodness. Too bad to those who havent gotten it

Actually that's BAD FOR YOU and GOD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE ONE. This is because, if they stop selling the console,  NO ONE WILL MAKE GAMES FOR IT, therefore you won't have any games to play.

A. This dosen't affect the main motion sensing in the Wii, if they loose it means Nintendo will have to redesign there controller, expensive for them but not detrermental.
B. These things take years, if they were quickly then Sony would have been hurting when they had to stop manufactuing the PS2.

Redesign the controller?

It's a conflict over a TRIGGER. it's one small change.

And to the topic starter, why in the world would it lower DS sales? this forum amazes me these days

think different
Message 82 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Dec 9, 2006

PSPPICTURETHREAD wrote:
Nintendo wii gets sued, says IGN go HERE. You should see a slight drop in DS sales and a slight increase in PS3, PSP, and PS2 sales.

Why would the DS sales go down, based on the Wii? And I doubt it will increase PSP, and PS2 sales, Handhelds are different than consoles and last gen consoles arent the same....

Ps3, and Xbox360 however maybe.
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..Smiley Happy
Message 83 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6649 posts

Dec 9, 2006
Oh snap!* That's too bad. That article didn't have that much detail, though, so I'm going to wait before I make any binding judgements.
Message 84 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Dec 9, 2006
ha ha
Photobucket
Message 85 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Dec 9, 2006

sthpark7791 wrote:

tommylink wrote:

Saibomb wrote:

Lt.Agar wrote:
I'm still playing with the Wii I got launch day thank goodness. Too bad to those who havent gotten it

Actually that's BAD FOR YOU and GOD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE ONE. This is because, if they stop selling the console,  NO ONE WILL MAKE GAMES FOR IT, therefore you won't have any games to play.

A. This dosen't affect the main motion sensing in the Wii, if they loose it means Nintendo will have to redesign there controller, expensive for them but not detrermental.
B. These things take years, if they were quickly then Sony would have been hurting when they had to stop manufactuing the PS2.

Redesign the controller?

It's a conflict over a TRIGGER. it's one small change.

And to the topic starter, why in the world would it lower DS sales? this forum amazes me these days

Take the B button off the bottom and put it on the top.
Message 86 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Dec 9, 2006
yea, i think fanboyism is a load of crap.  how can you justify not likeing one company just because it is that company.  i have no particular hate in any company.  i have a system from all three major companies (xbox, wii, PS2).  what you guys are saying makes no sense at all.  according to all you fanboys, if the Wii gets taken off the market (not going to happen anytime soon, if it happens at all), all the people that were going to buy a Wii are going to buy a PS3?  oh and i will mention also as many others have that this has no affect on the DS AT ALL.  like others have also said before me, it's not like sony is doing that well themselves.  they are losing $240 for each 60gb and $307 for each 20gb sold.  that can't be good.  not to mention one of the worst launches in console history and poor advertising.

that was long.  my point is this: cut the fanboy crap until you have solid evidence why you hate/love a company. 
Message 87 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Dec 9, 2006
wasn't this already posted?? /whatev...

what happens will happen...most likely a control fix...tis it.
~
Message 88 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2766 posts

Dec 9, 2006
Nintendo will pay up and it will all be over . Unless the company and the judge are losers and end up making Nintendo take the wiimote of the market completely. Now that would SUCK for my friends who have a wii . Oh well Nintendo will find a way through this, nothing to become stressed about..... hopefully. And it not just about the trigger because the design also has a sensor thing.

Message Edited by chrispys411 on 12-08-2006 10:34 PM
PSN:Wilmsy

Message 89 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5437 posts

Dec 9, 2006

ryan3243 wrote:
yea, i think fanboyism is a load of crap.  how can you justify not likeing one company just because it is that company.  i have no particular hate in any company.  i have a system from all three major companies (xbox, wii, PS2).  what you guys are saying makes no sense at all.  according to all you fanboys, if the Wii gets taken off the market (not going to happen anytime soon, if it happens at all), all the people that were going to buy a Wii are going to buy a PS3?  oh and i will mention also as many others have that this has no affect on the DS AT ALL.  like others have also said before me, it's not like sony is doing that well themselves.  they are losing $240 for each 60gb and $307 for each 20gb sold.  that can't be good.  not to mention one of the worst launches in console history and poor advertising.

that was long.  my point is this: cut the fanboy crap until you have solid evidence why you hate/love a company. 

I have a Wii, Xbox 360 and a PS3. Obviously fanboys dislike a certain company for the products or the way/price in which they sell those items. Fanboyism is perfectly fine, you're displaying your opinon, that is I like _______ company and dislike what _______ has done over the past years.

Now, don't get me wrong, while I believe Fanboyism is alright to an extent, most fanboys take it too far by assuming people associated with that company/product are stupid or whatever and drag people into some of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever seen.

Message Edited by Stinky89 on 12-08-2006 10:42 PM
Message 90 of 99 (0 Views)
0 Likes