Reply
Dec 10 2006
By: braffin Fender Bender 4393 posts
Offline

Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

13 replies 4 views Edited Dec 10, 2006
Hey. As some of you may already know, space shuttle Discovery was launched succesfully from Kennedy Space Center this evening at 8:47EST. We weren't planning on going out to Titusville since it was only a 30% chance of a launch, but about and hour before the launch, the changed it to a 70% chance of launch. So we hurried out to our car and drove. The launch was an amazing site. It was my second launch that I've seen; the first was Atlantis in October. Unfortunately, I will be gone when Discover returns. Anyways, here are three pictures I took. We were about 12 miles west from the pad.






Message Edited by stealthy on 12-09-2006 09:29 PM
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Message 5 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2006
Offline
5830 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
Beautiful *Tear*


If you need support for Star Wars Battlefront II, Pm me.

~ The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had ~

Message 1 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/16/2006
Offline
4587 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
ahhh missed it
Message 2 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/31/2006
Offline
4113 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
it was? since when?! man where have i been...........
Photobucket
Message 3 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/20/2005
Offline
10305 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
wow man your lucky, ive never seen it launch in person or anything but congrats on that..
Message 4 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Offline
36551 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
Very cool.  One day I'd like to see a launch.  My sister in law lives down there.
Message 6 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 07/05/2003
Offline
19436 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
I didnt see it because of cloud cover.  I did see one from here in Tampa in 2002.  It was a night launch and it was amazing.  You could see the flames and fireball from all the way on the other side of the peninsula.  You could even tell when it detached the 2 boosters when 2 of the flames slowed and started falling back.  It was an awesome sight.
Heller
Message 7 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 12/12/2005
Offline
13671 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
Crap! i forgot, nice pics though

Message 8 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2003
Offline
3381 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
awesome, i hope i can see a shuttle launch sometime
Message 9 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/17/2006
Offline
2705 posts
 

Re: Succesful Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery! ||Possible 56k Warning||

Dec 10, 2006
So lucky


Message 10 of 14 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes