Feb 01 2013
By: moblesuit75 Treasure Hunter 4421 posts

Subterfuge, Rambling and Etiquette

41 replies 218 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

Definition of SUBTERFUGE

: deception by artifice or strategem in order to conceal, escape, or evade
: a deceptive device or stratagem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

strat·a·gem noun \ˈstra-tə-jəm, -ˌjem\

Definition of STRATAGEM

a : an artifice or trick in war for deceiving and outwitting the enemy
b : a cleverly contrived trick or scheme for gaining an end
: skill in ruses or trickery

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to be wary of in the World of online gaming and email.

It has come to my attention; through claims of "hacked accounts" and "Unwarranted" banning by PSN and or the Forum, some people are not aware of the damage and dangers of those who wish to use subterfuge and stratagem to coerce others into giving pertinent information, or simply lead them down the wrong path.

Long sentence, I know.

It is important to NEVER give out your personal information via email or even here in the Forum, if the person you are communicating with is not actually know to you.  Your information can be used to do things such as "hack" your account, and may lead you to be "banned" by PSN or this Forum for behavior unbecoming.

Fishing for information can be done easily in a setting such as this Forum.  People will come here, under the guise of good will and helpfulness to instill confidence in them.  Just when you think your new "friend" has all the best intentions for you, they get what they need, and they use it against you.

This should not be a "new" concept to anyone, but yet it happens, and someone comes here to ask for help to fix it.  In most cases, it is unfixable.  The Forum is more times than not, the place this issue cannot be fixed.

As far as being banned with no"reason", it is in the majority of the cases, that the banned person has indeed done something to warrant it.  These people may not see the reason as just, but all the same, Sony is not in the practice of falsely banning people.  Now I will leave a margin of error on this of about 2%, but no more.  Mistakes can be made from time to time, and Sony is certainly not above them.

Some of those who were banned or suspended, may indeed know why they were treated as such.  They may come here through deception, to try and hurt others.  It does not take much to create another PSN ID and come on pretending to be someone else.  I have seen it, and those who have done it, HAVE BEEN FOUND.

It is within the Forum Guidelines, that this is not acceptable.

Create an alternate PSN ID to circumvent moderator activity. This includes taking advantage of any PlayStation® Community System.

Feelings of malice and contempt may drive these individuals to seek retribution on Sony through the Forum, or direct retribution on the Forum itself.  At times, it may even be in an effort to undermine an existing member and cause them to do damage to themselves, by prodding or instigating them.

Be very watchful for these situations.  We are all here to share, learn and have fun.  Let's all try to keep it that way.

There are many of us here who wish to help those who need it, and converse with those who wish to converse as well.  Joking and cadididness is not outside the bounds of good Forum discussion.  

In another thread, the topic of Hijacking came up.  While it is definitely not permitted to try and derail a thread with random and completely off-topic discussion, some variance can be accepted without being harmful.  PMs are there for one on ones, but two or three members may decide to converse within a thread, without destroying or voiding the topic.  In most occurrences, these members do not prolong the "banter" throughout the thread.  Eventually they say their piece and move on.

If a contributor or contributors continue, then by all means, report them to a Mod.  Let the Mods do their jobs.  It is not for ANY ONE of us regular members to decide who stays and who goes.

Have fun.  Share. Learn. Teach.  That is why I come here.  I do not aim to prod or instigate anyone.  I do not come here to subjugate or burn anyone.  

I like this Forum a lot.  I do not use other Social Networks, because they do not hold my interests.  I love Video Games and everything Sony.  I will talk Off-Topic a bit, but I enjoy hearing about gaming experience, sharing mine, and both teaching and learning about the intricacies of the PS Gaming World and technologies.

Keep all of this in mind as you serf through the Forum.  For those of you who have been here longer than I or even the same time, I didn't have to tell you any of this, I know.  My message goes out to all the "newer" members who may come here and not fully understand what to watch for and what is acceptable.

I am certainly NO authority, so please take this all with a grain of saltSmiley Wink.  I only make observations, and give my opinions and input on them.  By all means, if anyone wants to talk about this with me, my PM is always open and never ignored.

If anyone has any input on this, feel free to post your opinions and suggestions if you have them.  That is what the Forum is for, unless I am wrong.

As a parting thought, I will never call anyone out on a thread of mine, if they stray off topic.  I do it in my own threads, and most times I find it goes pretty well.  Keep it clean, respectable and non personal, and there will never be an issue.

Moble

Message 1 of 42 (218 Views)
MVP Support
41818 posts

Re: Subterfuge, Rambling and Etiquette

Feb 1, 2013

There's nothing I can add to that except to say 'Good job' & 'Well Said' moble.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 42 (212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Why thank you.  I only seek to do my best, and have some fun.

Moble

Message 3 of 42 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10041 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Can you make a simplified TL: DR version of your post for foreigners? Because I read it through and not quite sure what you want to say. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 4 of 42 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10041 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Double post,;mods delete.

id 69 signature

Message 5 of 42 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13546 posts

Feb 1, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Can you make a simplified TL: DR version of your post for foreigners? Because I read it through and not quite sure what you want to say. 

He's saying use common sense and don't give out personal info to anyone. That's all I got out of that............

Message 6 of 42 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10041 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

He's saying use common sense and don't give out personal info to anyone. That's all I got out of that............

Okay then. May I add that eat your vegetables and remember to brush your teeth. 

id 69 signature

Message 7 of 42 (189 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 1, 2013

German?

Definition von SUBTERFUGE
: Täuschung durch Kunstgriffe oder Kriegslist, um zu verbergen, zu entkommen, oder zu umgehen
: Eine trügerische Gerät oder Kriegslist

strat · a · gem Substantiv \ stra-tə-jəm, - ˌ jem \
Definition der Kriegslist
a: ein Kunstgriff oder Trick im Krieg zu täuschen und zu überlisten, den Feind
b: ein raffiniert konstruierten trick or Regelung für die Gewinnung ein Ende
: Skill in Kniffe oder Tricks

Aktivitäten vorsichtig sein in der Welt der Online-Gaming-und E-Mail.

Es ist mir zu Ohren gekommen, durch Forderungen von "gehackten Accounts" und "ungerechtfertigt" Verbot von PSN und oder dem Forum sind einige Menschen nicht bewusst, welchen Schaden und Gefahren von denen, die Täuschung und List verwenden möchten, andere in geben zwingen relevanten Informationen, oder einfach nur führen sie den falschen Weg.

Langen Satz, ich weiß.

Es ist wichtig, Geben Sie niemals Ihre persönlichen Daten per E-Mail oder auch hier im Forum, wenn die Person, mit dem Sie kommunizieren nicht wirklich zu kennen. Ihre Daten können verwendet werden, um Dinge wie "hack" Ihr Konto zu tun, und kann führen Sie zu "verboten" werden, indem PSN oder dieses Forum für das Verhalten ungehörig.

Fishing for Information kann leicht in einem Umfeld wie diesem Forum durchgeführt werden. Die Leute werden hierher kommen, unter dem Deckmantel des guten Willens und Hilfsbereitschaft Vertrauen in diese zu vermitteln. Gerade wenn Sie denken, Ihre neuen "Freund" hat alle die besten Absichten für Sie, sie bekommen, was sie brauchen, und sie nutzen es gegen dich.

Dies sollte nicht ein "neues" Konzept für jeden sein, aber doch ist es passiert, und jemand kommt hier, um um Hilfe zu bitten, es zu beheben. In den meisten Fällen ist es unfixable. Das Forum ist öfter als nicht, der Ort dieses Problem nicht behoben werden können.

Soweit mit keinem "Grund" verboten, ist es in der Mehrzahl der Fälle, dass die verbotene Person hat in der Tat etwas, um es rechtfertigen getan. Diese Menschen können nicht sehen den Grund, wie gerade, aber alle das gleiche, Sony ist nicht in der Praxis der fälschlich Verbot Menschen. Jetzt lasse ich eine Fehlerquote auf diesem von etwa 2%, aber nicht mehr. Fehler können von Zeit zu Zeit gemacht werden, und Sony ist sicherlich nicht über ihnen.

Einige von denen, die verboten oder ausgesetzt wurden, kann in der Tat wissen, warum sie als solche behandelt wurden. Sie können hierher kommen, durch Täuschung, um zu versuchen, andere zu verletzen. Es braucht nicht viel, um einen anderen PSN-ID zu erstellen und kommen auf vorgeben, jemand anderes zu sein. Ich habe es gesehen, und diejenigen, die es getan haben, gefunden worden.

Es ist innerhalb der Forenrichtlinien, dass dies nicht akzeptabel ist.

Erstellen einer alternativen PSN ID Moderator Aktivität zu umgehen. Dies schließt unter Ausnutzung aller PlayStation ® Community System.

Gefühle der Bosheit und Verachtung kann fahren diese Individuen Vergeltung an Sony über das Forum oder direkt Vergeltung auf dem Forum selbst zu suchen. Manchmal kann es sogar in dem Bemühen um ein vorhandenes Mitglied untergraben und bewirken, dass sie Nachteile für sich selbst tun, indem Drängen oder Anstiftung ihnen sein.

Seien Sie sehr wachsam für diese Situationen. Wir sind alle hier, um zu teilen, zu lernen und Spaß zu haben. Lasst uns alle versuchen, dass es so bleibt.

Es gibt viele von uns hier, die wollen diejenigen, die es brauchen Hilfe, und unterhalten sich mit denen, die so gut unterhalten wollen. Scherz und cadididness ist nicht außerhalb der Grenzen des guten Forum diskutiert.

In einem anderen Thread, kam das Thema der Entführung auf. Während es ist definitiv nicht gestattet zu versuchen und zu entgleisen einen Thread mit zufälligen und völlig off-topic Diskussion, können einige Varianz ohne schädliche akzeptiert werden. PMs gibt es für eins gegen eins, sondern zwei oder drei Mitglieder können beschließen, in einem Thread zu sprechen, ohne sie zu zerstören oder für ungültig erklären das Thema. In den meisten Vorkommen, müssen diese Mitglieder nicht verlängern "Geplänkel" während der Faden. Schließlich sagen sie ihr Stück und ziehen weiter.

Wenn ein Mitarbeiter oder Autoren weiter, dann mit allen Mitteln, berichten sie zu einem Mod. Lassen Sie die Mods ihre Arbeit tun. Es ist nicht für jeden von uns ordentliche Mitglieder zu entscheiden, wer bleibt und wer geht.

Viel Spaß. Share. Lernen. Teach. Deshalb bin ich hierher gekommen. Ich habe nicht zum Ziel, Produkte oder Anstiftung niemanden. Ich weiß nicht hierher gekommen, um zu unterjochen oder zu verbrennen niemanden.

Ich mag dieses Forum eine Menge. Ich benutze keine anderen Social Networks, weil sie nicht halten meine Interessen. Ich liebe Videospiele und alles Sony. Ich werde sprechen Off-Topic ein bisschen, aber ich genieße Anhörung über Gaming-Erlebnis, teilen mir, und sowohl das Lehren und Lernen über die Feinheiten des PS Gaming World und Technologien.

Halten Sie all dies im Hinterkopf, wie Sie Leibeigenen durch das Forum. Für diejenigen unter Ihnen, die schon länger hier als ich oder sogar gleichzeitig, habe ich nicht zu erzählen haben Sie nichts davon, ich weiß. Meine Botschaft geht an alle die "neueren" Mitglieder, die hierher kommen und nicht verstehen, was es zu beachten gilt und was ist akzeptabel sein.

Ich bin sicherlich keine Behörde, so nehmen Sie bitte diese alle mit einem Körnchen Salz. Ich mache nur Beobachtungen, und meine Meinungen und Anregungen zu ihnen. Mit allen Mitteln, wenn jemand will, um dies mit mir zu sprechen, ist meine Uhr immer offen und nie ignoriert.

Wenn jemand hat jede Eingabe auf dieser, fühlen Sie sich frei, um Ihre Meinungen und Anregungen posten, wenn Sie sie haben. Das ist, was das Forum für ist, wenn ich mich irre.

Wie ein Abschied dachte, ich werde nie fordern niemanden auf einem Thread von mir, wenn sie off topic verirren. Ich mache es auf meine eigene Threads und die meiste Zeit finde ich geht es ziemlich gut. Halten Sie es sauber, anständig und nicht persönlich, und es wird nie ein Thema sein.

Moble

Message 8 of 42 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 1, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Anyone can copy and paste the text, then go to Google Translate and have it translated into any language they wish.

This being said, this is the North American Forum and the language has been chosen to be English.  I can absolutely account for French and Spanish.  But again, in order to save space, I will defer to Google translate.

Moble

Message 9 of 42 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10041 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Impressive. You know how to use google translator. 

I asked for a TL: DR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Too_long;_didn't_read

Aaand as for foreigners I meant non-native English speakers such as myself.

id 69 signature

Message 10 of 42 (175 Views)
0 Likes