Highlighted
Jul 17 2009
By: SpankTehMonkey Uncharted Territory 2146 posts

Subaru WRX STi or BMW M3?

5 replies 7 views Edited Jul 17, 2009
I currently drive an 05 STi and a guy may want to trade me his 04 M3 and another guy offered his 02 M3. Do you guys think I should do it even though both of theirs have SMG transmission? I like manual better, but this is an M3 we're talking about. Also do you guys think the insurance would be more for an M3 or more for an STi and how about gas? Which should I get and why? Which would you get??
Message 1 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2111 posts

Re: Subaru WRX STi or BMW M3?

Jul 17, 2009
Check out Edmunds Inside Line and go to their "Long Term Test Drive" blog, they bought an M3 and drove it for a year. You can see how each person likes/dislikes the car, how it performs, how well its held up, etc. They put the car thru hell and performace test it on the track. Even put it up against a few cars like the new 135i and the new 335i. Highly recommended before buying a car is to check to see if they test-owned (because its really not just a test drive) the car first.

I no longer use this account to post, please see my posts under my "Sylon08" name. I only use this account for MW2. All other games will be under my "Sylon08" account, so feel free to add that name! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Jul 17, 2009

Are we still here with that? didnt you create the same thread last month?

and By the by the STI's insurance is gonna be higher than the M3s by far. Too many fools *&%ing about and crashing them has driven up the Rates for an STI  in the past few years.

Message Edited by vmphil on 07-17-2009 01:18 PM
Photobucket
Message 3 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1236 posts

Jul 17, 2009

vmphil wrote:

and By the by the STI's insurance is gonna be higher than the M3s by far. Too many fools *&%ing about and crashing them has driven up the Rates for an STI  in the past few years.

you're thinking about the sti or infiniti  thread he made. but i would say go with the bmw. they're pretty smooth.

Message 4 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5346 posts

Jul 17, 2009
The M3 for sureeeeeee. Register on bimmerforums.com and you can do a bit more research there but you can make m3's look clean as hell. And we got a few bmw guys together on ps3 who all play you can join us some time. Add me or m3enthusiast
Photobucket

Get Low...
Message 5 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5666 posts

Jul 17, 2009

yates32 wrote:

vmphil wrote:

you're thinking about the sti or infiniti  thread he made. but i would say go with the bmw. they're pretty smooth.

Yes but he also mentioned the M3 in that thread i think the consensus was keep the STI.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (7 Views)
0 Likes