Survivor
2752 posts

Re: Stuffing My Dog (Taxidermy)

Jul 28, 2010

taker-77 wrote:

You can expect to pay anywhere from $500-$1500 depending on the size and weigh of the dog. It will also depend on where you live. Do you have local taxidermy shops? If so, be sure to check their work before you spend the money. Like with all things, some are better than others. If you get a bad one, your cute lab won't look so cute.

And maybe I can take some of the heat off of you OP. I am seriously planning on having my dog mummified (using the ancient Egyptian method) when she dies. The only problem is I can't really pay someone to do it for me so I'll have to do it myself. I've studied the procedure and it doesn't look too bad. The hardest part is finding the canopic jars and sycophogus.

I think that this will be a great way to honor my dog (Anubis) after her death. I really don't like the idea of letting her become worm food. This way I will have a constant reminder of her and, in the off-chance the ancient Egyptians were right, her soul may be reborn in the afterlife.   

Yeah I can respect what people do to their pets after they pass away because they obviously think of it for a long time.I think your take on it is very interesting.  Personally, I couldnt do that myself (actually mummifie my own dog) due to being both squimish and sad lol. 

Actually when I was googling for the taxidermy I accidently clicked on a how to link T_T.  The directions were grusum lol.

But good luck with your dog

Photobucket
Message 41 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4419 posts

Re: Stuffing My Dog (Taxidermy)

Jul 28, 2010

NikkiSixx2 wrote:
My god the replies to this thread are terrible.

It's a personal decision to stuff their dog, not some random person on the internet so cut the OP some slack. To make this decision he has obviously thought about it for a while so telling him it's "creepy" or "weird" is insulting. Makes me ashamed to be part of this off-topic group.

As for the OP, I googled a little and I found it all depends on various things:

Size of the dog, the taxidermist you get, the type of dog, etc.

But the closest thing I could find was on yahoo answers and a lady said it costed her about $600.00 to get her large dog stuffed.

So I would expect to pay $500 - $1000 to get your dog stuffed.

Hope I helped

Haha, you not only used some logic before replying, you also helped out a lot. Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 42 of 42 (6 Views)
0 Likes