Jan 24 2013
By: BigBrotherKaz Wastelander 562 posts

Study tips from Kaz

[ Edited ]
7 replies 103 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

Some week ago my little bro MJB asked me about the best way to improve his studying and help him with his test. I remember I did give him a good advice over email, but it's just lacking and not effective, in short, the advice I gave him was too short and mostly telling him to eat pig brain and pumpkin.

So I just want to make this thread, to help him and well every young forum member here having trouble with studying because frankly, I have trouble myself, being a senior in college and all, but I would be glad to share some few tips if it help others. 

Well it's basic really:

Getting good results in your studies comes from developing good study habit and choosing the right schedule.

We will start with good study habit:

The best place to study in is your own room with enough lighting or the living room with air conditioner on and a fridge nearby in case you want some eggroll for mid-study snack.

For chair, I recommend the one that you would be comfortable to sit in, not too comfy though since you don't want to fall asleep, it should be a nice chair with a cup holder and a remote holder as well, because it's always fun to study while drinking Mountain Dew and watching the Animal Channel or Discovery Channel, because we all know it help your butt with history and biology, just kidding, do not watch TV while studying, but keep those Mountain Dew coming, study burn lots of calories so don't be afraid of becoming a fat **bleep**.

Before studying, make sure the surrounding is quiet with no distractions. If a homie come in and be like " Hey yo Dawg, wanna hook some shawty up?" you tell him "NO" because you want to study, in quiet, and peaceful environment. Make sure your sister or your maid or your babysitter isn't hot as well, because you don't want to look at her all day instead of studying.

If all else fail try the library, but make sure the librarian is ugly and old as hell since you don't want to have a private study session with her instead of studying. Ignore community centers really, been there, done that, let's just say I have lots of trouble dealing with Stacy the Community Manager in my college.

When you study, set realistic goal, do not aim to study more than you can. For example study the entire half of the book in a day, it's impossible and it's a pain in the **bleep** when you know you can handle only 1 chapter in one hour. Furthermore, do not push yourself too HARD, be cool dude, and give yourself a break between each chapter than come back to finish another.

Perhaps one should go for a short walk after study, to reduce belly fat, which I'm on a verge to success, I'm 110 pound now :smileyhappy: or listen to music that are not about Gang, Booty, Shawty, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Call me Maybe blah blah blah, but please do study with Gangnam Style on, make yourself epic.

When you done relaxing, go back to study. Take naps or go sleeping after a tiring study sessions, not enough sleep will kill you and make you fail class, it also make you fat because you don't lose extra calories that you should be losing by sleeping.

Now about schedule:

If you're having, let's say a history test next week and it consist of five chapter long, well, make sure to study one chapter or half of one chapter in one day, arrange your schedule right, eat lunch and study, do not play game but do go out and play soccer then go back to study, do not do it all in the final day LOL. Put your time into good use :smileyhappy:

That would be all, I want to be serious but the way I added joke in my advice is to make sure it's not boring as hell :smileyhappy:

Kudos :smileyhappy: and try your best, get good result and go to college, party all night yo !!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (103 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Re: Study tips from Kaz

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Just want to add that you should also eat brain boosting food like pig brain or pumpkin, both mix well when fry with egg and butter, if all else fail, eat bacon and banana lol

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jan 24, 2013

What happened to your old/other accounts?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jan 24, 2013
seem to have forgotten Id and Pass i guess, but which on do you prefer to? "smile". I watch some crappy movie today and frankly Silent Hill Revalation is the worst
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5078 posts

Jan 24, 2013

My only problem is that I'm having trouble with concentration. When I'm doing my math homework I find myself drawing something in the notebook after first few exercises. Then I'm like **bleep** this **bleep** and  open computer/ps3/go out ect. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Just take your eye out of the book for a few sec, it help youa lot because studying for a long time is stressful

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (71 Views)
Fender Bender
3982 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Thanks Big Bro, I really like these tips,and will diffidently use them in the future. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3982 posts

Jan 24, 2013

BTW I would love to have you as my adviser or councilor. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (62 Views)
0 Likes