Highlighted
Dec 01 2006
By: bluestopsign Fender Bender 3622 posts

Square Enix taking a Break From RPGs

10 replies 2 views Edited Dec 1, 2006
First it was that shooter for the 360...but now...it's gone too far...

Taken from Kotaku.com

Square-Enix Announces... Destiny's Child Game?

At long last, Square-Enix fans can shut down their fansites, toss out their petitions, wrap up their fanfics, as the company has announced the game everyone has been demanding: Destiny's Child Groove. That's right, no Vagrant Story sequel for you. Forget about that next-gen Einhander game. You get a mobile dance game featuring Beyonce, Kelly Roland and Michelle Williams, known collectively as Destiny's Child.

In what Square-Enix producers are calling a "landmark project" and press releases headlines are promising to be a "groundbreaking dance battle game", players will be able to enjoy four R&B tracks from the group in rhythmic gameplay against AI characters.

At this point, no details on exactly how bootylicious the game for mobile devices will be, but we're estimating "too bootylicious."

continue reading »

Message 1 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10038 posts

Re: Square Enix taking a Break From RPGs

Dec 1, 2006
Today...a day..that will live..in infamy..

Wow, Square Enix, I am ashamed. Bootylicious FTL!

This does anger me a bit, because that means that the important projects are going to be put off a little bit. Or maybe this is all a joke? Surprise! Joke's on me..=/

||||Currently playing World of Warcraft (Rexxar) lvl 70 BE Paladin & 70 UD Mage (Lightning's Blade) |||| .
Message 2 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Dec 1, 2006
so i would like to know, will there be magic spells, is it a RPG-Strategy game, will there be partial nudity like in FFXII?

LMAO!!!!!
Message 3 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4295 posts

Dec 1, 2006
It's a cell-phone game, those are cheap and easy for developers to make. I don't see how that's considered "taking a break from RPGs."  You could say that if S-E was a small company, but they're not.
Message 4 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Dec 1, 2006

doomerOFhell wrote:
It's a cell-phone game, those are cheap and easy for developers to make. I don't see how that's considered "taking a break from RPGs."  You could say that if S-E was a small company, but they're not.

whatever happened to the Final Fantasy I cell phone game btw
Message 5 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Dec 1, 2006

Kos-Mos Is MY-Girl wrote:

Taken from Kotaku.com

At long last, Square-Enix fans can shut down their fansites, toss out their petitions, wrap up their fanfics, as the company has announced the game everyone has been demanding: Destiny's Child Groove. That's right, no Vagrant Story sequel for you. Forget about that next-gen Einhander game. You get a mobile dance game featuring Beyonce, Kelly Roland and Michelle Williams, known collectively as Destiny's Child.

In what Square-Enix producers are calling a "landmark project" and press releases headlines are promising to be a "groundbreaking dance battle game", players will be able to enjoy four R&B tracks from the group in rhythmic gameplay against AI characters.

At this point, no details on exactly how bootylicious the game for mobile devices will be, but we're estimating "too bootylicious."

continue reading »

Pfft.  I wont buy it.
For the Horde!!
Message 6 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Dec 1, 2006

LocoChocobo wrote:

Kos-Mos Is MY-Girl wrote:

Taken from Kotaku.com

continue reading »

Pfft.  I wont buy it.

would anyone buy such a cheap game lol
Message 7 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4843 posts

Dec 1, 2006
its just a mobile game, its not like their going to stop making rpg's

���Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.��� ~ James Dean
Message 8 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6427 posts

Dec 1, 2006
wow.

uhh...

i wont buy it, sorry square

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Message 9 of 11 (2 Views)
0 Likes