42140 posts

Re: SpikeTV VGA 10

Dec 8, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

May 7th 2013 - Bring it on ND!

The Last of Us?

They should've waited till the PS4 came out and did this game

Could have.  They like to launch new IPs each gen and we can only speculate what they could have done better on the PS4 compared to the PS3 (after the game is released; larger areas, better AI, etc.).  Would have probably made an amazing launch [window] title though if they showed a ramped of version of what we're already seeing during the initial PS4 reveal.   Still, it's nice to see and get a new IP like TLOU on the PS3 this late in the gen.  Same with Beyond: Two Souls.

Sony allowed the 2nd team though because ND didn't want most of the talent being poached from competition after UC2 if I recall.  TLOU was a way for those people to do something new and keep them willing to stick around.  Waiting for the PS4 to be ready to release was probably too far out at the time.  Well, the other team is hammering away at something for PS4 I'm sure.

Message 21 of 27 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 8, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

The Last of Us?

Could have.  They like to launch new IPs each gen and we can only speculate what they could have done better on the PS4 compared to the PS3 (after the game is released; larger areas, better AI, etc.).  Would have probably made an amazing launch [window] title though if they showed a ramped of version of what we're already seeing during the initial PS4 reveal.   Still, it's nice to see and get a new IP like TLOU on the PS3 this late in the gen.  Same with Beyond: Two Souls.

Sony allowed the 2nd team though because ND didn't want most of the talent being poached from competition after UC2 if I recall.  TLOU was a way for those people to do something new and keep them willing to stick around.  Waiting for the PS4 to be ready to release was probably too far out at the time.  Well, the other team is hammering away at something for PS4 I'm sure.

I agree with that and can't wait for the PS4. This stuff we're experiencing now will pale in comparison to what the Orbis could do. I'm just speculating about this because when FFX came out, it was groundbreaking in terms of graphics, and when you look back on that game right now, it makes me say meh, been there done that.

As far as the games on your sig, I haven't played them and wondering are they the same as Ragnarok Odyssey(Vita)

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 22 of 27 (80 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Dec 8, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

The Last of Us?

Correct, The last of Us, a game I will 100% be pre-ordering.

But I agree with you, I'd have waited for the PS4 too, maybe Uncharted 4 will be the PS4's big exclusive?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 23 of 27 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42140 posts

Dec 8, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

As far as the games on your sig, I haven't played them and wondering are they the same as Ragnarok Odyssey(Vita)

Just took a quick look at RO and not exactly.  FFIX is a turn-based RPG:

And God Eater Burst is something most people would class somewhere along the lines of Monster Hunter but kind of doing it's own thing (just from looking at RO and from what little I've played of the MH demo on the PS Store, GE doesn't have the multiple areas per map to travel):

Message 24 of 27 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42140 posts

Dec 8, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

The Last of Us?

But I agree with you, I'd have waited for the PS4 too, maybe Uncharted 4 will be the PS4's big exclusive?

Sony can have a pretty loaded deck when it comes to the first year of the PS4.  These studios still haven't said anything about their next projects (could be a sequel to their current franchises or we could see new IPs from them out the gate):

- Guerilla Games (Cambridge is working on the Vita Killzone)

- Sucker Punch

- Media Molecule (a small team is working on Tearaway for Vita but they've got another project going)

- Naughty Dog obviously (Uncharted 4 or another new IP?)

- Polyphony Digital (GT6 unless they throw something new out there)

- Sony Santa Monica

- Evolution Studios

Sony should do a mix of current IPs (inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Killzone, etc.), some older ones they haven't used this gen (Colony Wars, Jet Moto, Dark Cloud, etc.) and some new ones for the PS4's first year on top of whatever 3rd parties are throwing out there (first year or two will probably turn ugly again next gen with the Big 3 trying to secure exclusives and trying to 'poach' some from their competition as exclusives; not looking forward to that).

Message 25 of 27 (68 Views)
MVP Support
40006 posts

Dec 8, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

The Last of Us?

Sony can have a pretty loaded deck when it comes to the first year of the PS4.  These studios still haven't said anything about their next projects (could be a sequel to their current franchises or we could see new IPs from them out the gate):

- Guerilla Games (Cambridge is working on the Vita Killzone)

- Sucker Punch

- Media Molecule (a small team is working on Tearaway for Vita but they've got another project going)

- Naughty Dog obviously (Uncharted 4 or another new IP?)

- Polyphony Digital (GT6 unless they throw something new out there)

- Sony Santa Monica

- Evolution Studios

Sony should do a mix of current IPs (inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Killzone, etc.), some older ones they haven't used this gen (Colony Wars, Jet Moto, Dark Cloud, etc.) and some new ones for the PS4's first year on top of whatever 3rd parties are throwing out there (first year or two will probably turn ugly again next gen with the Big 3 trying to secure exclusives and trying to 'poach' some from their competition as exclusives; not looking forward to that).

I'm in complete agreement with this, a mixture of both new & old would be the way to go, enticing people to purchase a PS4 with the latest iNFAMOUS, LBP game etc is a great idea too, as would be something new like UC4.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 26 of 27 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Dec 9, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

. I'm just speculating about this because when FFX came out, it was groundbreaking in terms of graphics, and when you look back on that game right now, it makes me say meh, been there done that.

For my money the FFX graphics weren't groundbreaking, MGS2 had better graphics than FFX. To this day MGS2 looks great, not to mention Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast which is still stunning.

Message 27 of 27 (43 Views)
0 Likes