Reply
Mar 29 2014
By: Setzaroth Limit Breaker 18676 posts
Offline

Speaking of militarizing the Police.

13 replies 120 views Edited Mar 29, 2014
Now, I'm not going to say anything one way or the other... as we simply don't know all the details behind this story, but just looking at the mentality of hot-head cops and what allegedly happened in this story, can you imagine what they would do with the same toys as the US ARMY?

"David and Connie Johnson were asleep when they heard a noise Connie later described as the “walls caving in.” Seconds later their front door was forced open and two armored strangers burst into the two-room apartment the middle-aged couple share with their adult son, Aaron."

"Several other assailants were clustered behind the two who had forced open the door. One of them was a female holding a leash that barely restrained a large, snarling dog. One of the intruders pointed an assault rifle at David’s head and threatened to shoot him. Another invader, a female, bellowed, “Put your hands up! This dog will bite you!”

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/03/27/idaho-family-terrorized-midnight-paramilitary-raid/

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 1 of 14 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/18/2009
Offline
3231 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014

Wow now that Police Department needs to be investigated on how they conduct raids because if they feel that was done by policy thats just messed up and illegal.

I hope that family wins thier lawsuit.

 photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 2 of 14 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014

Zeelot wrote:

Wow now that Police Department needs to be investigated on how they conduct raids because if they feel that was done by policy thats just messed up and illegal.

I hope that family wins thier lawsuit.


 

Just a heads up, the dark theme is live now, so you might want to reconsider using the black text, as 90% of the forumers are now probably using the black/grey theme.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 3 of 14 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/06/2012
Online
10636 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014
Thats nuts, i imagine that this couple will probably get bribed into dropping that case as well..

Also, Where did you get that 90% statistic?
Message 4 of 14 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/03/2009
Online
6856 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
Thats nuts, i imagine that this couple will probably get bribed into dropping that case as well..

Also, Where did you get that 90% statistic?

I think he means the majority will perfer the dark background over the default (white) layout.

As for the news, WTH man...

Message 5 of 14 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/18/2009
Offline
3231 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

Zeelot wrote:

Wow now that Police Department needs to be investigated on how they conduct raids because if they feel that was done by policy thats just messed up and illegal.

I hope that family wins thier lawsuit.


 

Just a heads up, the dark theme is live now, so you might want to reconsider using the black text, as 90% of the forumers are now probably using the black/grey theme.

90% eh? Your the only one using this that i have seen so far, plus i dont see that option available. I dont mind the white background.
 photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 6 of 14 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014
Seeing as everyone has been whining for a dark theme since the forums updated, I figured most are using it now. AND, based on almost everyone in the thread about it are saying they prefer it, I can safely assume it's will be the primary layout for most users within a few days.

It was just a friendly tip

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 7 of 14 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
34127 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2014

Zeelot wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Zeelot wrote:

Wow now that Police Department needs to be investigated on how they conduct raids because if they feel that was done by policy thats just messed up and illegal.

I hope that family wins thier lawsuit.


 

Just a heads up, the dark theme is live now, so you might want to reconsider using the black text, as 90% of the forumers are now probably using the black/grey theme.

90% eh? Your the only one using this that i have seen so far, plus i dont see that option available. I dont mind the white background.

lel


Message 8 of 14 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/06/2012
Online
10636 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014
Is that why your text is showing up in the black box today? And does it put my text in a white box on your screen or is the text just next to impossible to see?
Message 9 of 14 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Speaking of militarizing the Police.

Mar 29, 2014
You mean the black box with the green text? That is custom HTML I use to make myself feel special.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 10 of 14 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes