Apr 26 2013
By: Sajuk Lombax Warrior 141 posts

Sony is not overlooking the new XBOX..nore should gamers

15 replies 160 views Edited Apr 26, 2013

I have been seeing alot of  ewwws and ahhhs about the PS4, but everybody forgets..about 2 years ago Microsoft went in partnership to bring the Hyper memory cube to market and there is real big chance that new 720 could see this memory cube and if that would be the case, were talking unmatched server stability and so on, point is...i think Microsoft will win the North American market again and it will be a 50/50 split for the Euro market.

So don't your chickens to fast, because Sony is still struggling and if Microsoft comes out strong it could be the blow that finally knocks out Sony for the count.. We shall see

Message 1 of 16 (160 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37222 posts

Re: Sony is not overlooking the new XBOX..nore should gamers

Apr 26, 2013

its not like im gona get the new xbox anyway. the games are the most important to me

Message 2 of 16 (157 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Sony is (somehwhat) struggling. Playstation is not.

It would take a herculean effort on Sony's part to get "knocked out". And you're forgetting Japan, where it's pretty much a given that the Xbox will get absolutely stomped, while the PS4 and Wii U dominate.

Message 3 of 16 (145 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

its not like im gona get the new xbox anyway. the games are the most important to me

That's true, I wouldn't care if the XBOX 720 has blast processing or whatever: all I care about are the games. Plus we have not seen the PlayStation 4 fully. Who knows what they will show on this year's E3!

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 4 of 16 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

If you can afford both, go for it

But as Josh said. im getting a ps4 regardless, and maybe over time the 720 when the price drops.....each system will have its perks.

Message 5 of 16 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 26, 2013
I hate to bring it up, but the always online is one thing that will hold the next box back, and I mean FAR back.

I'm going to support Sony as I have done for many, many years, and still buy a PS4. The 360 stomped the PS3 in the early years, but now? See, it always matters what happens in the end, and in the end of this generation, Sony came out on top. I believe they will pull it off next gen, as well.

Hell, they might remain on top from beginning to end, next gen, who knows.

I already know 4 of my real life friends, who loved the 360 to death, are going for the PS4 next gen. not because of the always online news, but because they had the chance to play my PS3 Smiley Wink

Sony will do fine...if anyone is going to get knocked out, it's you if you ever start a thread like this again on this forum.

lol im jk, im just jk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 16 (118 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Well i agree that there are a few gamers who will switch from Microsoft to Sony, but..will it be enough to turn Sony around? i dont think so. Try to understand that one of Sony's most loyal and biggest online community is not happy with Sony right now and that is Sony"s Socom community, there most loyal? yes..but also there most vocal and Sony knows this, So the real question can Sony hold them gamers for another generation ? maybe or maybe not, i for one have heard so many say that ther not going to purchase a PS4.

So it's all up in the air for Sony and only time will tell.

Message 7 of 16 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Sony was working with both hardware, and video game consoles, long before microsoft. Sony knows what their doing. Sony and Nintendo should be the only video game consoles in my opinion.

Nintendo being the one who stays true to sole gaming on a console, while Sony being the one who release, basically, an entertainment system in one device.

What's the use now? Microsoft isn't doing anything different from Sony, so why do we need them? Let Sony and Nintendo handle the video game business, and Microsoft can go back to making software. Microsoft thinks because their such a rich company, that they can just pull a video game console out of their @$$ and beat everyone else, and then you get things like the Rand it's hard to see people just fall into place with that.

I was confused why Microsoft was winning the video game battle in the start of this gen, i'm glad that Sony came out on top, because they deserved it.

-----

But, back to your reply sajuk. Sony doesn't need to turn around anything. Their doing pretty good, and the fact that xbox players keep coming to our forums, proves it. Son'y socom community? That is not their most loyal community, the Naughty Dog community, the MAG community, the Insomniac community, those are the most loyal communities to Sony(not to mention the SONY community). Yeah, not everyone is going to be happy with a product, but then why keep buying it? Why keep playing it? Why keep showing up on these forums if your disappointed with the product? Beats me..

Again, they are not the most vocal, no one is, were all equal to Sony, we all matter, and there are more people happy with the current and future product, than people who are not. If Sony can't hold Socom players, then, yea, that would suck, but there are much more loyal members of the Sony community to look after, people who actually enjoy the product. I'm sure if the next Socom game comes out for PS4, all of the Socom lovers will rush to buy a PS4 for Socom, just wait and see Smiley Wink

Yes, and I have heard many more say that they are going to purchase the PS4. Maybe not on launch, maybe not in the first year, but when the good exclusives and games start coming in, their gonna rush to their nearest game store to buy the product. Including people switching from Xbox to Sony.

You're right, only time will tell, but as far as opinions go, my opinion says Sony will thrive next gen, against BOTH nintendo and microsoft. But, let's see what Microsoft has to offer in their announcement event, first. Shall we?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 16 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 27, 2013

All you have to do is browse the comment sections on articles about the new Xbox and you will see the vast majority are against MS. No one wants always online DRM. Even though recently it's been announced that this will be optional depending on developers, it's still undesireable.

No one that is a gamer likes Kinect. MS is pushing Kinect as a major part of the new Xbox. Halo and Gears of  War cannot keep them alive forever. Having said that, the Xbox will sell very well by name alone. The slient masses know nothing about specs but will buy it anyway.

I can see the real gamers coming to Playstation.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 9 of 16 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Kinect?

**bleep**, bring back the original, the Sony eyetoy for the PS4, and then tell me about your precious kinect.

Message 10 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes