PlayStation MVP
753 posts

Re: Sony is not overlooking the new XBOX..nore should gamers

Apr 27, 2013

Sajuk wrote:

Well i agree that there are a few gamers who will switch from Microsoft to Sony, but..will it be enough to turn Sony around? i dont think so. Try to understand that one of Sony's most loyal and biggest online community is not happy with Sony right now and that is Sony"s Socom community, there most loyal? yes..but also there most vocal and Sony knows this, So the real question can Sony hold them gamers for another generation ? maybe or maybe not, i for one have heard so many say that ther not going to purchase a PS4.

So it's all up in the air for Sony and only time will tell.

Don't take this the wrong way bud, but I highly doubt socoms community even makes up for 1% of the PlayStations current community, which I may say seems very happy with Sony and everything they've been doing thus far.

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 11 of 16 (115 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16067 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

Sajuk wrote:

I have been seeing alot of  ewwws and ahhhs about the PS4, but everybody forgets..about 2 years ago Microsoft went in partnership to bring the Hyper memory cube to market and there is real big chance that new 720 could see this memory cube and if that would be the case, were talking unmatched server stability and so on, point is...i think Microsoft will win the North American market again and it will be a 50/50 split for the Euro market.

So don't your chickens to fast, because Sony is still struggling and if Microsoft comes out strong it could be the blow that finally knocks out Sony for the count.. We shall see

Its called HYBRID memory cube....

And its NOTHING NEW.... this is not just a Microsoft piece of technology. Samsung, ARM, and HP and a few other Tech Giants to form a group known as the "Hybrid Memory Cube Consortium".

And Microsoft didn't release anything 2 years ago.... Micron did, who is heading the technology.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2012/05/09/microsoft-hmc-tech/1

This is nothing more than a new type of memory.

And this is how it works. (I know it says Nvidia Volta, but the overall basic presmise the the same as HMC.... instead of RAM being separated on a plane configuration which has speed limitations, the RAM is STACKED ontop of a processor which speeds up the memory nearly 100fold with nearly 60% or greater reduction in power consumption)

This type of memory configuration is nothing new. Only just recently being announced in its prototype stages. And has been proven to be very powerful piece of memory architecture. 
But the big difference is that this new memory tech, still has a long way to go for it to be commercially implemented. And like anything new, its going to be EXPENSIVE!! 
The PS4 is going to be using cheap, reliable, and STUPID FAST GDDR5 for ALL of the memory in the system. Which is on par in terms of bandwidth as this HMC.

How do I know all this?

I have great Google-Fu and I can read pretty fast as well.

All this in about 5 minutes. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 12 of 16 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Go play Socom confrontation, then tell me that the Socom commmunity is happy with Sony..thus far
Message 13 of 16 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16067 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Sajuk wrote:
Go play Socom confrontation, then tell me that the Socom commmunity is happy with Sony..thus far

Why are you making the argument that the Socom community is any larger than any other community of a specific game?

Theres a reason why they are unhappy..... The developers Sony used to make the more recent games were utter crap compared to what the franchise USED to be and thus, there is no current future for Socom.... 

these same people also play Battlefield, Call of Duty, Planet Side.... among MANY OTHER games.... sheesh.

You were first arguing about some new memory technology, and also using one specific community being upset at Sony as some credible justification which is just Bat Crap crazy to connect those sort of dots.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 14 of 16 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Apr 28, 2013
@W1Z4RDRY. I don't think its that people don't like Kinect. I think it has more to do with what has happened to the brand since Kinect. Kinect as a product is not bad if only they didnt dump almost all other support with the departure of J Allard and Robbie Bach.
Message 15 of 16 (63 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 28, 2013
360's voice command is pretty cool. Pretty futuristic-like if you ask me.

But, moving an analog stick on a controller ain't hard, it's just voice command was cool to use on my friends 360.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 16 of 16 (57 Views)
0 Likes