Apr 19 2007
By: DemiGravija Treasure Hunter 8773 posts

Sony Soundforge and Sony ACID.

4 replies 5 views Edited Apr 19, 2007
What is the diffrences between Sony Soundforge and Sony ACID? are both the same audio software?
Message 1 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: Sony Soundforge and Sony ACID.

Apr 19, 2007
SoundForge let's you edit sound files (mp3, wav, aac, etc.)
Acid let's you take sound files (loops & etc) and make a music track.
Message 2 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3292 posts

Apr 19, 2007
Yea if you want a program that can do all of that in one get Adobe Audition 2.0 it is amazing!!
Message 3 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Apr 19, 2007

video_game_master wrote:
Yea if you want a program that can do all of that in one get Adobe Audition 2.0 it is amazing!!

yeah, I have sony soundforge audio studio (not the professional version)

and I can tell you that if the pro version of sound forge works like the regular soundforge, you'll run into headache after headache with the annoying selection... it seems to always mess around with your selection after you click and drag. So creating seamless audio loops with the program is pretty much impossible.

Last soundforge I used was back when it was from sonic foundry... back then I don't think it had those selection issues.

I used Syntrillium's Cool Edit, which I believe was bought out to be what's now adobe audition... and that's a very nice program

Message Edited by multimediaman on 04-19-2007 01:49 PM
Message 4 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3292 posts

Apr 19, 2007

multimediaman wrote:

video_game_master wrote:

yeah, I have sony soundforge audio studio (not the professional version)

and I can tell you that if the pro version of sound forge works like the regular soundforge, you'll run into headache after headache with the annoying selection... it seems to always mess around with your selection after you click and drag. So creating seamless audio loops with the program is pretty much impossible.

Last soundforge I used was back when it was from sonic foundry... back then I don't think it had those selection issues.

I used Syntrillium's Cool Edit, which I believe was bought out to be what's now adobe audition... and that's a very nice program

Message Edited by multimediaman on 04-19-2007 01:49 PM

Yes i found adobe audition to be very simple to use get used to.... i absolutely love it... but the $300 price tag may scare some people away.....
Message 5 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes