Feb 14 2013
By: spyder_21 Gaming Beast 2142 posts

Sony OS

2 replies 83 views Edited Feb 14, 2013
I was thinking it would be cool if Sony came out with there own Operating System. They do have there own computers. Its just when purchasing a new system you are subjected to only having windows if you pick a PC. Would nice to have an option between Microsoft or Sony when purchasing a PC. I know they have Linux as well, but when buying a PC from the store you don't have that option. Right now Microsoft is cornering the PC OS, would he a nice change.

Typed this out on my android phone so sorry is there are words misspelled.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42126 posts

Re: Sony OS

Feb 15, 2013
I doubt they'd see it as a viable venture. You have Windows and OSX already cornering the market and Linux picking up whatever scraps. Can Sony really make an OS that would be worth the investment on everyday PCs to make people switch? They seem to be doing fine with making them for their consoles/handhelds now and will probably perfect that over the future gens but I think a PC OS is something they'd avoid =\

Wonder if the XMB design would work in a desktop environment though. Pretty simplistic, easy to organize stuff, customizable, etc.. Hmm...

Message 2 of 3 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8828 posts

Re: Sony OS

Feb 15, 2013
Sony PS4 with OSX...mind. blown.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 3 of 3 (51 Views)
0 Likes