Highlighted
Oct 28 2012
By: sweet_anthony First Son 16 posts

Sony 3D TV and split screen question

6 replies 745 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

I've done so much googling and came up empty handed it seems. The major question that I have is that  when I set up a split screen game, and tell the tv to display the screen as top and bottom, one of my 3D glasses lenses pickes up the bottom, while the other picks up the top. Is there any way to make the glasses pick up either only the bottom or only the top? Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 7 (745 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Re: Sony 3D TV and split screen question

Oct 28, 2012

What model do you have?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 7 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Yes, having the Model would be helpful, as well as the technology used (passive or active 3d).
Message 3 of 7 (735 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 28, 2012

It's the CECH-ZED1U. All I know os that it frame packs and assassains creed calls it stereoscopic. I've heard passive, but I'm not sure.

Message 4 of 7 (730 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Your display is an active display.

I'm not quite sure what your question is, but for each pair of glasses to use simulview (where each pair of glasses sees its own personal screen) the game has to support that feature. I don't believe you can manually enable it with games that don't support that feature.

If you have a passive display, you do have a bit more flexibility, because you can manually set the TV to take a top/bottom display and merge them into one image...
Message 5 of 7 (726 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I can manually set it to top and bottom, and that's when one lense is seeing the top, and the other is seeing the bottom. On the glasses, i was wondering how/if I can set the lenses to either both see the top, or the bottom, but not both at the same time like its doing right now.

Message 6 of 7 (720 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I don't think you can, unless the game supports the simulview function. Simulview takes the top/bottom or left/right images and combines them both to be full screen images, which the 3D display sets the glasses so it can see only one image or the other. For that to happen it needs to be configured automatically, I don't think that can be achieved manually.

While you can set it manually to top/bottom or left/right, that is ment for 3D broadcasts that use a variety of formats to broadcast in 3D.

If you ever get a passive 3D TV, you will be able to do full screen multiplayer games from any split screen game. As shown in the video below:

Message 7 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Likes