Highlighted
Jun 20 2013
By: B00M-get-0wned12 Uncharted Territory 1418 posts

Something that left me dissapointed with Man Of Steel

11 replies 121 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

In one of the fight scenes between Zod Superman and the lady chick there was a part when it was just the soldier and the lady but then the soldier picks up a knife and I am like ''Are they gonna have a duel or something?'' But then it did not happen.

WHERE IS ''KNEEL BEFORE ZOD?'' 1/10 MAN OF STEEL IS BAD

Just kidding Man of steel gets an 8 I loved it.

Message 1 of 12 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10622 posts

Re: Something that left me dissapointed with Man Of Steel

Jun 20, 2013
The movie was good, that scene with the knife, makes sense that it didn't happen, I mean one is a super powered being, not like the human stood any chance at all, if it went through it would of just been a quick death, plus that guy had a good scene later in the movie.
Message 2 of 12 (107 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31185 posts

Jun 20, 2013
The only thing that bothered me was Clark not going back to his father and asking if Zod was trustworthy.
Message 3 of 12 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10622 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Why would he go back to his father and ask if Zod was trustworthy?

SPOILERS BELOW

Jor-el already told Clark earlier of Zods betrayal when Clark found and activated the ship.
Message 4 of 12 (90 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29421 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Now that Man of Steel is getting bad reviews, I actually want to see it more! That way I can legitimately rip on it.

Message 5 of 12 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10622 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Wonder who's giving it bad reviews, this movie has been well recieved by the audience, the crtics for some reasons are rating it badly, yet the people who saw the movie as giving it good ratings.
Message 6 of 12 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I loved that movie. I just felt the villains were a bit too overpowered, and in the end, too easily defeated.
Message 7 of 12 (77 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29421 posts

Jun 21, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:
Wonder who's giving it bad reviews, this movie has been well recieved by the audience, the crtics for some reasons are rating it badly, yet the people who saw the movie as giving it good ratings.

The critics are giving it bad reviews because rather than giving you a story about an interesting character, Zack Snyder packed the film with special effects and reduced Superman to a cardboard cut out, and made it unecessarily "dark and gritty". I might go see it this weekend, so I'll chime in with my take on it.

Message 8 of 12 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I think that the knife fight would of been pretty sweet if done right. Maybe the chick removes her powers then knife fights him. Kind of like the Muhammid Ali comic XD

Message 9 of 12 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10622 posts

Jun 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

The critics are giving it bad reviews because rather than giving you a story about an interesting character, Zack Snyder packed the film with special effects and reduced Superman to a cardboard cut out, and made it unecessarily "dark and gritty". I might go see it this weekend, so I'll chime in with my take on it.

ya, I would like to hear your thoughts on the movie. Also special effects are really a must in a superman movie though, the older ones couldn't do them right because they couldn't do the special effects and because of that nothing looked right. The battles are more high end in The Man of Steel. There are some things I didn't like, but over all I enjoyed the movie. For the dark part, Superman was always supposed to be kind of dark, as superman is supposed to act as a ray of hope and light to the people in a dark world.

Not sure exactly what you mean by cardboard cut out, but also note, that on one site, about 82% of people who saw the movie liked it and the audience rated it 4.2/5 as the average rating, the critics are at 57% and the average rated it 6.3/10 So it seems the people who saw the movie like it more then the critics did. All this info came from Rotten Tomatoes.

Message 10 of 12 (41 Views)
0 Likes