Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Re: So many stupid threads

Oct 30, 2012

Ive seen it over there... But the traffic over there is crazy! 

Right now I have over 20,000 unread posts over there.

So with all those users mostly new of course you gonna see a whole bunch of rubbish.

But I am gonna get that game because it looks awesome! 

Message 21 of 36 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 30, 2012

What is the deal anyway?  

The HOME section averages about three posts a minute.  It makes me wonder if anyone is actually on HOME or just writing about it.

Off-Topic is cool; minus the threads about "your favorite color", and things like that.  Yeah I will participate in some, but the point in creating them, seems only to be padding the OPs stats.  

One could argue; responding to them is the same thing, but a single reply in relation to a thread that gets over 500 replies is peanuts.  Should there be a greater filter for these?  

Sometimes the OP will shotgun them out.  I will come on after a day, and there will be something like this waiting in the Off-Topic

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite Pizza topping?

What is your favorite day of the week?

What is your favorite boy's name?

What is your favorite girls name?

What is your most prized possession?

Where do you like to go on vacation?

All in a row, and there will seriously be over a hundred replies per.

It really does get ridiculous sometimes.  Just saying...

Moble

Message 22 of 36 (91 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Oct 30, 2012

All made by the same person?

I personally dont care I sit back and just read and participate if I think I should.

I am at work when Im on here so this site usually is my source of entertainment.

Message 23 of 36 (83 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

All made by the same person?

I personally dont care I sit back and just read and participate if I think I should.

I am at work when Im on here so this site usually is my source of entertainment.

Yes, all the same person.  Every time!  I am not going to call them out, as it is probably obvious who it is, and I don't want to be that guy, naming names.

This is my at work entertainment as well.  I stay pretty busy, but there isn't work to do all day long.  Just don't let my boss know, LOL.

Seriously though.  It is usually the same person and, the threads are literally like the ones I listed.  I think the majority of people on here, like the OP and the threads themselves.  They really do get around 500 replies.  It is kind of ridiculous.

Moble

Message 24 of 36 (81 Views)
MVP Support
41777 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I'm with both Speedy & Moble on this issue, I see some Thread & think "**bleep**", not another "what's your favorite blah blah blah", I do think some, actually quite a lot of Threads are made purely out of boredom, hence some of them being like Moble has indicated, does it make it a bad Thread?, not necessarily, but I do think the standard of Off-Topic Disucssions has gone down on here, but I suppose you, me & everyone else is to blame for that too!

Just my two cents!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 25 of 36 (75 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Oct 30, 2012
A lot of offtopic sucks.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 26 of 36 (72 Views)
MVP Support
41777 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

Hey bm!

Haven't seen you around for a while!

Just post in the threads that you think are discussion worthy... that will keep them afloat. Smiley Happy

Sorry for the double post, but I just had to say that Trick or Trawnza is perfect lol, lucky you Tranwza getting that!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 27 of 36 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I'm not going to deny that the topics that I have posted came from bieng bored with nothing to do. Ive mostly been posting in the gt section here, and browse the off-topic from time to time. I thought I posted some topics that I have ever seen, and got some decent feedback from them.
 photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 28 of 36 (62 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Oct 30, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Trawnza wrote:

Hey bm!

Haven't seen you around for a while!

Just post in the threads that you think are discussion worthy... that will keep them afloat. Smiley Happy

Sorry for the double post, but I just had to say that Trick or Trawnza is perfect lol, lucky you Tranwza getting that!

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! I was quite happy to see it Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 36 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 30, 2012

audioinstaller wrote:
I'm not going to deny that the topics that I have posted came from being bored with nothing to do. I've mostly been posting in the gt section here, and browse the off-topic from time to time. I thought I posted some topics that I have ever seen, and got some decent feedback from them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Car Audio one.  It is the color, birthday, food questions that throw me off.  Again, I will partake in some of them myself.  At least they are in the Off-Topic Section.

I do wonder though, if I could pad my stats here by creating a barrage of useless threads, (again, with no reference to yours audioinstaller)?  Do these members get kicked for what is truly spamming, or are they in good with the right people?

Just questions I wonder about.

Moble

Message 30 of 36 (57 Views)
0 Likes