Jun 25 2013
By: CradleOfFish Sackboy 464 posts

So did anybody catch the first episode of Stephen King's Under The Dome on CBS tonight?

20 replies 211 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

I watched it and thought it was really good. A few changes from the book but other wise a pretty good adaptation. Obviously there will be more changes from the book to screen because it's a 13 episode first season, with a second season planned. At about 40-45 minutes an episode (minus commercials) that's a lot of hours. Still hoping for the rest of the series to be just as good.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 1 of 21 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: So did anybody catch the first episode of Stephen King's Under The Dome on CBS tonight?

Jun 25, 2013
Bah, thanks for reminding me. I set the later episode to record, so I've got a little while until it's on.

I've heard good things about it so far though. They've said they're changing the dome's origins, and I'm curious to see what else they change from the book. Will Barbie spend an entire season in prison (i don't think that's a spoiler, but I'll be happy to change it if anyone thinks otherwise). Will we spend ages fretting over how the bad guys seem to win at every turn?

I'm looking forward to it.
Message 2 of 21 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Re: So did anybody catch the first episode of Stephen King's Under The Dome on CBS tonight?

Jun 25, 2013

johngie wrote:
Bah, thanks for reminding me. I set the later episode to record, so I've got a little while until it's on.

I've heard good things about it so far though. They've said they're changing the dome's origins, and I'm curious to see what else they change from the book. Will Barbie spend an entire season in prison (i don't think that's a spoiler, but I'll be happy to change it if anyone thinks otherwise). Will we spend ages fretting over how the bad guys seem to win at every turn?

I'm looking forward to it.

They even have a different ending planned for the series from the book. Stephen King was told about it by the producers and he was quoted as saying "I wish I thought of that!", so I am assuming that when the series does end (if not after this first season, I mean I have no idea how long it will last as a season to season series if it can last more than two seasons), it will be better than the book. Though I have heard a lot of fans of KING were disappointed at the end of the book anyway so....

photo giphydgd.gif
Message 3 of 21 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jun 25, 2013

As long as it's not a bad changed ending like The Mist movie, I'll be fine.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 4 of 21 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Just finished it. Obviously there's still a ways to go, but I thought that episode was the perfect combination of new and old material. I like what they're setting up with Barbie, they nailed Junior's character (side-note: I hope they go all the way with his storyline from the book), and I look forward to seeing more.

However, I was defintiely bummed in the end

Spoiler
when the sheriff bit it. I really like the actor who played him.

Message 5 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jun 25, 2013

johngie wrote:

Just finished it. Obviously there's still a ways to go, but I thought that episode was the perfect combination of new and old material. I like what they're setting up with Barbie, they nailed Junior's character (side-note: I hope they go all the way with his storyline from the book), and I look forward to seeing more.

However, I was defintiely bummed in the end

If I remember correctly the spoiler you mention actually happened pretty early in the book too didn't it?

photo giphydgd.gif
Message 6 of 21 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Indeed it did. The first "episode", you could say.
Message 7 of 21 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9609 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Sadly, I missed the first episode of "Under The Dome" on CBS tonight.Smiley Sad I heard that it was good. And since it is summer now, most shows are in reruns, so I am kinda desperate for some good TV shows to watch.

The good news is that CBS will replay the first episode of "Under The Dome" this Sunday at 9:00pm EST.Smiley Very Happy The bad news is that the "Under The Dome" replay this Sunday will be on opposite both "True Blood" and the season premiere of "Dexter".Smiley Sad

1186410_o.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 21 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I have family visiting so I forgot it was on, I'm sure I can play catch-up with Xfinity though!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 9 of 21 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13133 posts

Does anyone watch under the dome?

Jul 2, 2013

It's a new show that started yestarday and its on right now. I didn't think I would like it but I'm intrigued 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 10 of 21 (141 Views)
0 Likes