Dec 23 2010
By: GuNz_52 Treasure Hunter 8828 posts

So after 5 years here, its over...

61 replies 149 views Edited Dec 23, 2010

I though the transition from PSU to the PSN Forums was bad, I thought that maybe members like me had seen the worst of it all. I was wrong. As our posts became more censored by the day, and bans were being handed out left and right. We here, are oppressed by the Admins. PSU has been a huge part of my life over the past 5 years, and I will never forget some of the people I met. A few special thanks goes out to Patriot and PSX_Cheaster (whom both work for Lithium now) as they were some of best people. When I signed up here, it was for being a part of a community, not some communist dictatorship we have today. Back when the Mods used to actually listen and give back to the community. This is no longer a community my friends. That being said, you wont see too much of me anymore, I may come around the Battlefield or Killzone boards every now and again. Many of you dont know me, but for those of you who do or have experienced what I have, you know exactly where I am coming from.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 1 of 62 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Re: So after 5 years here, its over...

Dec 23, 2010

Take care GuNz. I'll keep that wookie suit warm!

Message 2 of 62 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Sadly, I know exactly what you mean. I just got another PS3 and got back in gaming.. I started loving the playstation forums. Then this.

Not just with PSU but all internet forums.. The traditional system of forums have worked perfectly. Everyone understands them, they're easy to use. Why change that with these new forums?

Message 3 of 62 (149 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7641 posts

Dec 23, 2010

Spectram wrote:

Sadly, I know exactly what you mean. I just got another PS3 and got back in gaming.. I started loving the playstation forums. Then this.

Not just with PSU but all internet forums.. The traditional system of forums have worked perfectly. Everyone understands them, they're easy to use. Why change that with these new forums?

Exactly, I don't understand why do they keep trying to fix something that is not broken?

Sig by nuno
Message 4 of 62 (149 Views)
Survivor
2890 posts

Dec 24, 2010

COPE3_NET wrote:

Spectram wrote:

Exactly, I don't understand why do they keep trying to fix something that is not broken?

Sig by nuno

In this case it's been torn open, teared out, and glued back together without a spine.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 5 of 62 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 24, 2010

take care gunz

why did the try to fix something that wasnt broke

Message 6 of 62 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Quite a bit of melodrama we have going on here. Did you seriously compare this forums changes to those of the transitions into communism? Heh, you even put 'patroit' as one of your posts tags, not that I'm attempting to discredit your opinion, but it seems you could certainly do with lightening up.

Message 7 of 62 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 24, 2010

i think knowing the changes this forums went through in the past and the arguements surrounding each change and to then get this over complicated update chrono is why the op has referenced it in the way he has

just a shame to see a forumer go

Message 8 of 62 (149 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I really don't see what the problem with the new forums is.  I already have the new layout down and can navigate just as fast as the old ones.

Shikenator Trophy Card
Message 9 of 62 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 24, 2010

i think its the general overcomplicatedness of the new forum shike and a lot of people are saying if it aint broke why fix it

i dunno tbh im not a fan of the new forum but i can still use it and such

Message 10 of 62 (149 Views)
0 Likes