Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/03/2004
Offline
7811 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


MimiPRGameFreak wrote:
I got both the psp and the ds and I like it. But I mostly play with the psp. I was thinking of getting Final Fantasy 3 for my ds. Is the game good?


I like the game, it is a bit different from the NES version (graphics of course, uh), the characters are given names at the beginning, which you're free to change the name of them if you would want. The game is played on the bottom screen for the most part, and splits when you're on the menu. The game would play much better with an analog nub or some sort of analog. It's the reason I bought the DS, my wife got Harvest Moon, and she was plaiyng it through the Car Stereo on the way home, that was cool. I like it, it's old school...my type of game. If you're into RPG's, try it out.

Something above I'm replying too.

I've dropped my PSP no telling how many times, and not once have I had a problem with it. You'd have to really throw it or stomp on it to break it to bits.

Something else able I'm replying too.

I would rather see links and numbers rather than hear a biased opinion, supplied by them to be a known fact.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 11 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2006
Offline
7575 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006
personally if you were to look at the age group from 13-17 the psp is outselling the DS if you look at the 5-13 age group the DS is outselling the PSP, cuase little kids like nintendo stuff, i did then i got older and wanted soemthign that was more universal. the PSP
Photobucket
Message 12 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/07/2004
Offline
16834 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


banedraven wrote:


MimiPRGameFreak wrote:
I got both the psp and the ds and I like it. But I mostly play with the psp. I was thinking of getting Final Fantasy 3 for my ds. Is the game good?


I like the game, it is a bit different from the NES version (graphics of course, uh), the characters are given names at the beginning, which you're free to change the name of them if you would want. The game is played on the bottom screen for the most part, and splits when you're on the menu. The game would play much better with an analog nub or some sort of analog. It's the reason I bought the DS, my wife got Harvest Moon, and she was plaiyng it through the Car Stereo on the way home, that was cool. I like it, it's old school...my type of game. If you're into RPG's, try it out.

Something above I'm replying too.

I've dropped my PSP no telling how many times, and not once have I had a problem with it. You'd have to really throw it or stomp on it to break it to bits.

Something else able I'm replying too.

I would rather see links and numbers rather than hear a biased opinion, supplied by them to be a known fact.



lol, about dropping the psp, one time i was putting music on it, and i crossed my legs, and the usb cord got wraped under my foot, and when i went to get up ,the psp flew across the room and into the wall!!
more damage to the wall than the psp

Message 13 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2005
Offline
7225 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


banedraven wrote:


MimiPRGameFreak wrote:
I got both the psp and the ds and I like it. But I mostly play with the psp. I was thinking of getting Final Fantasy 3 for my ds. Is the game good?


I like the game, it is a bit different from the NES version (graphics of course, uh), the characters are given names at the beginning, which you're free to change the name of them if you would want. The game is played on the bottom screen for the most part, and splits when you're on the menu. The game would play much better with an analog nub or some sort of analog. It's the reason I bought the DS, my wife got Harvest Moon, and she was plaiyng it through the Car Stereo on the way home, that was cool. I like it, it's old school...my type of game. If you're into RPG's, try it out.

Something above I'm replying too.

I've dropped my PSP no telling how many times, and not once have I had a problem with it. You'd have to really throw it or stomp on it to break it to bits.

Something else able I'm replying too.

I would rather see links and numbers rather than hear a biased opinion, supplied by them to be a known fact.




Cool, I'll get the Final Fantasy 3 for my DS. I'll also check out Harvest Moon. Thanks for your opinion.
MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Message 14 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/21/2006
Offline
784 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006
The ds is ok but the psp is better
~Gears Of War Monthly Rankings: ???~
Message 15 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/24/2004
Offline
4542 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


banedraven wrote:


OGRYDER wrote:
The PSP feels like a flimsy piece of plastic....DS has much,much better games and its outselling the PSP, thats all I need.

Post some links to support that, an up to date link if you may, just to see the real numbers. Even if it is, it's not like Sony is hurting from it. Sony has PS2 games still kicking, PSP, and the PS3 is about to storm the scene. I bet the numbers differ very slightly. Also, how can you say the PSP is a flimsy piece of plastic, do you own one? What games would you consider so much better than the PSP games? I bet they're First Party eh? Well, I own both, and I really like both, but the Nintendo DS Lite is not as well made as the PSP. The PSP is sturdy and stout, the DS Lite seems loose and weak. I like the DS, but PSP is built better, hardware, software, ... all the way around really. I still like the DS Lite very much though.



Type in NPD and game sales and there are a bunch of sites with NPD sale data, not 100% relieable but releable enough to show there is a gap between PSP and DS sales. I haven't played the DS lite, but I have the orginal and it dosen't feel cheeply made and I like the fact the screen closes so I don't scratch up the game, and you get used to the stylus but it works better on some games then others. Also great software libary. Try out Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Mario Kart DS, and New Super Mario Bros when you get a chance.
Message 16 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/03/2004
Offline
7811 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


tommylink wrote:


banedraven wrote:


OGRYDER wrote:
The PSP feels like a flimsy piece of plastic....DS has much,much better games and its outselling the PSP, thats all I need.

Post some links to support that, an up to date link if you may, just to see the real numbers. Even if it is, it's not like Sony is hurting from it. Sony has PS2 games still kicking, PSP, and the PS3 is about to storm the scene. I bet the numbers differ very slightly. Also, how can you say the PSP is a flimsy piece of plastic, do you own one? What games would you consider so much better than the PSP games? I bet they're First Party eh? Well, I own both, and I really like both, but the Nintendo DS Lite is not as well made as the PSP. The PSP is sturdy and stout, the DS Lite seems loose and weak. I like the DS, but PSP is built better, hardware, software, ... all the way around really. I still like the DS Lite very much though.



Type in NPD and game sales and there are a bunch of sites with NPD sale data, not 100% relieable but releable enough to show there is a gap between PSP and DS sales. I haven't played the DS lite, but I have the orginal and it dosen't feel cheeply made and I like the fact the screen closes so I don't scratch up the game, and you get used to the stylus but it works better on some games then others. Also great software libary. Try out Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Mario Kart DS, and New Super Mario Bros when you get a chance.


Thanks for that bit of info, I'm going to look what I can up right now. The original DS feels alot more sturdy than the DS Lite. I do prefer the PSP over DS Lite but, there's some titles I just have to have. All the previous FF's, and (as you metioned above) Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros. You can play Mario Kart DS with two people, and only one of them have the game right?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 17 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/31/2006
Offline
1081 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006
DS has much better games then the PSP.

WhiteClouds
Message 18 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 06/18/2005
Offline
12751 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


madhive wrote:
The ds sucks, period no flaming MY OPINION


You opinion? You barely provided one, provide evidence and reasons, don't be an idiot and just say "it sucks" because then you WILL get flammed.
APPLE SPY
Message 19 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 06/18/2005
Offline
12751 posts
 

Re: So, I Just Bought A Nintendo DS Lite

Nov 17, 2006


mikey_424 wrote:
personally if you were to look at the age group from 13-17 the psp is outselling the DS if you look at the 5-13 age group the DS is outselling the PSP, cuase little kids like nintendo stuff, i did then i got older and wanted soemthign that was more universal. the PSP


For the love of god, do not make up statistics. Just don't. Okay? That is COMPLETLY false information.....
APPLE SPY
Message 20 of 25 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes