Aug 17 2012
By: Audio_High Splicer 44 posts

Slender-Man

8 replies 5569 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

I got this game for the P.C it's not that scary but it has it's moment's it's called Slender

The Objective of the game is to avoid Slender-man and obtain 8 pages located all threw out a forest.

You do not get weapons all you have is a flash light and you must not look at Slender-man or else he takes you.

So far how do you all feel about P.C horror games and what is your fav?

Also any tips on the game slender? for those who do not know what the game Slender is or what Slender man is look below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Slender-man: 

'The Slender Man was the nickname given to a mysterious character seen in the background of several pictures in a SomethingAwful thread. The posts themselves were centered around children, and a certain man with a slender figure in the background of several pictures, sometimes appearing to have long, spindly, tentacle-like extraneous appendages.

The Slender Man was discovered at the Something Awful Forums in a thread centered around photos from a singular fire which killed many children in the 1980s. He is described as wearing a black suit and black hat and as the name suggests, appears very thin and able to stretch his limbs and torso to inhuman lengths in order to induce fear and ensnare his prey. Once his arms are outstretched, his victims are put into something of a hypnotized state, where they are utterly helpless to stop themselves from walking into them.

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time…"

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

Whether he absorbs, kills, or mearly takes his victims to an undiclosed location or dimension is also unknown as there are never any bodys or evidence left behind in his wake to deduce a definite conclusion. Not much is known at this time, but his objective and habitat are fairly clearly agreed-upon. He has the need to kidnap children, and is seen right before the disappearance of a child or multiple children. He seems to prefer fog enshrouded streets and wooded areas as a way to conceal himself from being noticed. It should also be noted that children have been able to see him when no other adults in the vicinity could, though adults have also been known to see him at times. Children also have dreams or nightmares concerning The Slender Man before their disappearance. A disputed concept regarding the Slender Man is whether or not he can be seen by those other than his victims—many believe that if you see Slender Man then you are a target or prey, though there is no certain proof of this.

Info by Slender Man Marble Hornet's

Slender: Slender is a first person horror game created by Parsec Productionswhere your only goal is to find 8 manuscripts about the Slender Man, a paranormal creature. 

The more directly you come in contact with the Slender Man, the faster your sanity drains. 

CONTROLS:

• Mouse -- Look around
  • W,A,S & D -- Move
  • Left Shift -- Sprint
  • Left Mouse Click -- Pick up pages
  • Right Mouse Click -- Flashlight
  • Q & E -- Zoom in/out                                                                                                                                                                                                       Info by Slendergame.com

Slender-man

Message 1 of 9 (5,569 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6918 posts

Re: Slender-Man

Aug 17, 2012

Audio_High wrote:

So far how do you all feel about P.C horror games and what is your fav? ... 

I downloaded but haven't played this yet.  It looks like a short game and mostly about the atmosphere, so I can see why it wouldn't really feel scary.   The latest game I've played was Lone Survivor, and I thought it was really good.  Penumbra and Amnesia were also.  The Binding of Isaac isn't exactly a horror game but it has elements of that (monsters, gore, etc) so it's a horror setting anyway; also a great game. There are a bunch of other PC horror games I own but haven't played Smiley Tongue, like Alan Wake and D, which I bought years ago but the sound didn't work on my PC at the time.

Message 2 of 9 (5,546 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I'm going to play this and Amnesia: The Dark Descent when I get my gaming PC soon Smiley Happy

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 3 of 9 (5,541 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I hear that the more times you complete it, the greater the chance Slenderman will come for you in real life.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 4 of 9 (5,538 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8974 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Oh, It's legal to download for free. I gotta try this sometime! And Amneasia too. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 5 of 9 (5,535 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3199 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I got interested into the slender-man story and found out some pretty interesting things but it all sounds to crazy if it were all true.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 6 of 9 (5,454 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, i wonder if there is a Slender Man out there, the amount of media about him is huge, Internet picture, Stories, Picture, and this Game, plus he has made cameo in certain horror game, with this, a Slender Man Movie may come next Smiley Happy I would help this thread by posting his pictures but it's up to you guy, i don't want to be a spammer Smiley Happy
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Tribute-to-Neil-Armstrong-Greatest-Man-Alive/m-p/38079055/message-uid/38079055#U38079055 Pay your respect Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9 (5,448 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 23, 2012

There are a few Slender-man documentrays one of them shows the Slender-man, I dought he is real I have  had seen thing's that look like a slender but In cases of high fear your mind will play tricks if you would like to see this Documetary that Isn't marble hornets and actually shows Slender I will Live for you to watch and comment on it.

Also the thought of slender being out there does increase the fear ratio.

really thought of him being real just send's chills up my spin but I dought it also there is another Slender game called

Sanatorium

Message 8 of 9 (5,353 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Aug 23, 2012
It's just meh. I played it a while ago, and usually I'm not a graphics **bleep**, but I just couldn't get past all the pop up, random artifacting, the Slenderman model itself.

If you want a good horror game, get Anna.

Message 9 of 9 (5,347 Views)
0 Likes