1929 posts

Re: Show off your Steam library / Recent buys

Dec 10, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

Eh, nothing. I'm going to start saving up for a good PC. I'm not going to learn a ton about computers and pick individual parts, I'll just buy a good prebuilt one. 

You really don't have to learn a ton to build your own PC, and you will get a better system for the money you are going to spend. 

I literally know nothing about the insides of a PC. 

How about getting someone to build it for you? I honestly know barely anything about PC parts as well, so I had my brother build one for me.

Edited the library in the OP btw.

I don't know any computer enthusiasts, either. I should just buy an Alienware, they're top of the line, right?

Alienware are very overpriced you could buy a similiar spec pc and make it yourself and save a lot of money. Another alternative is to wait a while and wait for the launch of the steambox which should come out this summer. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2hUiP : This build will be able to play most games on high settings with over 30 fps and costs around $655 

The cheapest Alienware desktop is $700 and it can't touch the build a put up in terms of graphical performance and pricing. 

Message 61 of 75 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Dec 15, 2013

I've been playing Don't Starve for a few hours, I've made it to day 5. I've made the Science Machine, I have a fire pit and backpack. I'm not sure what my next move should be.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 62 of 75 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

I've been playing Don't Starve for a few hours, I've made it to day 5. I've made the Science Machine, I have a fire pit and backpack. I'm not sure what my next move should be.

More machines! Smiley Tongue

I usually try to find a spot where I have access to most of the stuff (trees, rocks, food like berries, fishing ponds etc.) and then I start making a base there by building Science and Alchemy machine, backpack, chest(s), firepit etc.

Then I start making fightning gear (spear, suits) and after that the (stone) walls. I usually build  wooden floor as well. Not necessary, but makes it look nicer. Smiley Very Happy

I've never managed to make other cool things like ranged weapons, the stuff in the "magic" tab, tents for sleeping etc. Few days ago for example was the first time I built a cooking pot. Now THAT was awesome.

I wonder will Don't Starve ever get Co-op. There's a Co-op mod for PC though, only local.

Message 63 of 75 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

Time to buy some games people, it's the holiday sales!

http://store.steampowered.com/

Also remember to vote to get trading cards. Smiley Tongue Every 3 votes gets you a card.

You also get a card for every $10 USD spent during the sales.

Message 64 of 75 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3603 posts

Dec 19, 2013
I'm busy spamming Wraith Night. :3
I can here hurtful. I can be purple. I can be anything you like.
Message 65 of 75 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Dec 21, 2013

I made it to day 20 as Wilson. I managed to make an alchemy machine, wooden walls and a wooden floor before I died. I was having trouble finding food, like beefalo, and rocks to mine. I think I'll play as Willow and turn up the frequency of some items. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 66 of 75 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

I made it to day 20 as Wilson. I managed to make an alchemy machine, wooden walls and a wooden floor before I died. I was having trouble finding food, like beefalo, and rocks to mine. I think I'll play as Willow and turn up the frequency of some items. 

Yeah, the way stuff spawns is just so random. Even if you have everything default (which is what I usually use) it's REALLY hard to find lots of things. Like, on playthrough 1, you can't find anything but trees, rocks, berries, carrots, flowers, maybe some spider nests and bees.

Then, in playthrough 2 (with the same settings) you might immediatly find huge amount of beefalos, skeletons that contain random items, ponds and other "rare" things.

I guess it's because of the size of the map. If you would player on a smaller map, everything might be a bit more balanced.

I've NEVER managed to fully explore the map.

Oh and what did I get from holiday sales today? Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut and Forced (my brother bought it as well, since it had Co-op).

Message 67 of 75 (61 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29178 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2013

Everytime I start up Steam I feel so dirty. So... Um... No.

Message 68 of 75 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Dec 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Everytime I start up Steam I feel so dirty. So... Um... No.

Whats that cap?  I couldn't hear you over the sound Far Cry 3 that I paid 6 bucks for!  Smiley Tongue

doc shady signature
Message 69 of 75 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2124 posts

Dec 21, 2013
i got around 200 games i cant play... Lol... trying to get windows 7 installed on my mac so i can pplay FF7 and FF8 finally ><
Message 70 of 75 (45 Views)
0 Likes