First Son
1 posts

Re: Should "The Hunger Games" be a video game?

Apr 4, 2013

I think that there should be a hunger games game when you do the hunger games as characters from the movie/book. The game should only have hunger games in it, NOT the story of the book/movie. In the game you should have the different arenas and have weapons and food that you can find.

Message 21 of 38 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 4, 2013

"Should 'The Hunger Games' be a video game?"

No. "Battle Royale" should. Smiley Tongue

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 22 of 38 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 4, 2013

The game would be for the next intake of kill or be killeder's.

Open world, 12 players max, no timelimits but forced start and stop times to rounds simulating night and day.

(In the movie they didnt hunt at night, and was an opportunity to heal/eat/etc.)

The levels would become smaller over time to force players together as the player count decreases.  Remember the fire balls from the movie?

Training first to hone skills but have to find/make weapons in the world, like the movie.

Traning could basically be a class selection, with a small ammount of skill allocation taking placed based on training scores.

One class would be a maker class, able to construct weapons from common materials found in the world, but not as proficient at using them as a pure warrior class which would be tasked with finding premade weapons.

Could slot skill points from training towards likability so as to attain sponsors, also tied with in game actions such as helping another weaker class instead of killing it.

Another class could be camo class, able to hide extremely well, would be the stealth class, would specialize in ambush/ escape, etc.

Woodsmen class would be best for pure survival, and as the warrior classes start dieing out from starvation/exposure/etc they would thrive.  Be limited to basic weapons like clubs, could use other weapons they find but not very well.  Would likely use traps/snares to catch prey whether human or otherwise.

Perhaps you can eat your human prey once below a certain health level, would decrease likability and result in loss of sponsors.

Once only 3-4 players remain the CGI monsters of several variations would be released.  They would be based on the current environment so as to be ideal predators in that environment.

The movie is prime material for a deep game.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 23 of 38 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 4, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Did it ever occur to anyone else that maybe they should have used some of that technology they use to watch those kids kill each other, to actually SOLVE some of the problems they had? 

Thats one of the major subjects I talked about anytime someone wanted to talk about it with me. Major plot hole there.

I read all 3 books and its simply your basic "overthrow the ruling elite" as it were... or what i'd like to call the "robin hood" method.

I only saw the movie and seemed to be about punishing a populace to scare them into dormancy.

Never read the books.

What problems are you talking about that could be solved by a million cameras and CGI monsters?

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 24 of 38 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 4, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

"Should 'The Hunger Games' be a video game?"

No. "Battle Royale" should. Smiley Tongue

I was going to come in here to say this. The MP would be fun, start off with a random item and just let people go, kind of like dayZ but not as many people and no zombies.

Message 25 of 38 (108 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Apr 4, 2013

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be so boring. u  would just walk around and kill people WITHOUT any guns. plus it would be very short.

Message 26 of 38 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 4, 2013

It could be good if it wasn't based strictly on the book or movie...but rather had you create your own character, and was an open-world type game.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 27 of 38 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Oh please no...
Message 28 of 38 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42129 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Did it ever occur to anyone else that maybe they should have used some of that technology they use to watch those kids kill each other, to actually SOLVE some of the problems they had? 

Thats one of the major subjects I talked about anytime someone wanted to talk about it with me. Major plot hole there.

I read all 3 books and its simply your basic "overthrow the ruling elite" as it were... or what i'd like to call the "robin hood" method.

I only saw the movie and seemed to be about punishing a populace to scare them into dormancy.

Never read the books.

What problems are you talking about that could be solved by a million cameras and CGI monsters?

Read the first book although it's kind of vague now, but the regions/colonies (don't remember what they're called) did try to rise up/rebel against the government at one point but they were beat back and one of the regions/colonies was wiped out entirely.  So yeah, the 'Games' is sort of like the government showing they can do what they want.

It's really a messed up world.  People actually enjoying the Games (kids killing kids), it being a national sport/event, certain settlements being regulated to certain jobs (agriculture, mining) and having to still compete in the Games against other regions that are more 'rich'/aren't used for cheap labor and have families/income that can support training their children.  I've been meaning to finish the books (haven't seen the movie) but have other series that kind of take priority.

As for movies to games, I just figure it's a matter of being a quick cash-in and never getting a decent enough dev cycle.  The games are pushed out around the time of the movies and that's that.  There are quite a few movies/shows that would make for interesting games if handled correctly and with good dev teams behind them.  Someone mentioned the 'based on' games and that's also another way of going about it without being confined entirely by the movie/show.  Same world, maybe running into the characters from the movie/show but otherwise, an independent/original story with your own character or one created for the game that fits in.

Message 29 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I surveyed my most of my grade at my high school and I've discovered that 170/190 people would buy the hunger games video game if it was a thing. I also believe myself that its a great idea. I could see it. You press start on the menu and then you have the choice to either play online or single player. If you picked online, you would get to make your own player and pick witch discrict you would want to be from, and then depending on witch one you picked, you would have different strengths and weaknesses. Also you would join a lobby with other plays and vote on a map (Desert,Rainforest ect..) and fight to the death. It would also keep track of wins so other players notice who to stay away from,haha.Also, players that die could sponser other players that are fighting. But if you would pick Single Player, it would be the same except you wouldnt be fighting with online players and you would get to fight computers and pick the maps. Its just my idea and I know probley nobody will give a **bleep** but me and alot of people I've asked think this idea would make an excellent game. So my opinion is yes. There should me a hunger games video game.

Message 30 of 38 (39 Views)
0 Likes