Wastelander
614 posts

Re: Should Let's Players Make Money?

Dec 15, 2013

Zorrillo90 wrote:

No, they shouldn't specially because I can't make money myself on YouTube even though I can play any games and beat them on any difficulties, I won't make any money because my personality sucks and also because my English and my accent is garbage and I have  feeling I won't get many subs in Spanish, so there you have it, if I can't make money doing nothing like others do on YT then there shouldn't be people around making money doing nothing like the comedians on TV, like the actors who needs know how to cry and **bleep**. . . Bunch of hypocrites, I don't watch TV anymore because I don't support people who are make money doing nothing on things anyone can do, it's not a real job and anyone can do it although somehow I'm not doing it, also I don't buy anything that is advertised anywhere either because DUH!!!! I don't support that kind of **bleep**.

Hoping that was sarcasm, but you never know. I'm sure some people really believe that.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 71 of 80 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Dec 15, 2013

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 72 of 80 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Dec 15, 2013

If you don't think YouTubers should be paid for their videos, install an ad blocker on your browser of choice.

If you do think they should be paid, uninstall any ad blockers you may have.

Everyone wins.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 73 of 80 (198 Views)
Wastelander
614 posts

Dec 16, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

If you don't think YouTubers should be paid for their videos, install an ad blocker on your browser of choice.

Everyone wins.

Except the Youtubers right now, considering that adblock or no, many of their videos aren't available because of this claim junk.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 74 of 80 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Dec 17, 2013

seraphim_falconu wrote:

Zorrillo90 wrote:

No, they shouldn't specially because I can't make money myself on YouTube even though I can play any games and beat them on any difficulties, I won't make any money because my personality sucks and also because my English and my accent is garbage and I have  feeling I won't get many subs in Spanish, so there you have it, if I can't make money doing nothing like others do on YT then there shouldn't be people around making money doing nothing like the comedians on TV, like the actors who needs know how to cry and **bleep**. . . Bunch of hypocrites, I don't watch TV anymore because I don't support people who are make money doing nothing on things anyone can do, it's not a real job and anyone can do it although somehow I'm not doing it, also I don't buy anything that is advertised anywhere either because DUH!!!! I don't support that kind of **bleep**.

Hoping that was sarcasm, but you never know. I'm sure some people really believe that.

Well that would be highly illogical if. . . Yes! I was kidding lol forgive me I said it like that it's just I was watching star trek into darkness and I can't get the movie first 10 minutes out my head just peed myself loling

Message 75 of 80 (161 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Dec 18, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Everyone wins.

What does adblock has to do with it? I have it on just to avoid them interrupting videos all the time. Is quite annoying.

Message 76 of 80 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Dec 18, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Everyone wins.

What does adblock has to do with it? I have it on just to avoid them interrupting videos all the time. Is quite annoying.

He is saying that, since Youtubers make money from you watching and clicking advertisements, use adblock to not give them money if you feel they do not deserve it.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 77 of 80 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6925 posts

Dec 18, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Everyone wins.

That is the best way to deal with this money issue. Well said Jim.

Message 78 of 80 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 9, 2014

They should definitely make a percentage of whatever profit they get from the views, but not enough to live off of. The ratio should be 80-20 with 80 going back to the developers. I say that because the Let's Plays still give those out there that didn't know the game exist a glimpse of what they would have missed out on. 

True it could also give the people that were on the fence a look at how bad the game is, but at least they (the devs) are still making money from the lets plays. So all in all Let's Plays are good for both parties if both are getting paid.

Message 79 of 80 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Feb 9, 2014
I plan to post vids eventually of montages, lets plays, maybe reviews anyway. It would be nice to make cash from it in the process as long I follow guidlines from publishers or whoever.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 80 of 80 (99 Views)
0 Likes