Dec 12 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Shoplifting, hurts everybody

10 replies 171 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

Remember, it's that time of the year where people will become greedy.  Think twice about stealing!  Someone is always being paid to WATCH you.  

If you do get picked up for shoplifting and you don't get arrested.  You will receive what's called a, "Civil Demand Notice".   No matter how small or big the amount is, what you took.   Those hurt even more.  So, if you decide to steal a piece of Jewelry, that is 10$.  Or steal a video game.  Your fine, will be $250 to $300 and higher.   If you avoid the notice, it will get sent to collections and ruin your credit, if you don't pay it.  If you do get arrested.  You get more fines from the courts and other things. But, won't receive the Civil Demand Notice.  Either way, you get screwed. 

Please think twice, before ripping off these major retailers and thinking you can get away with it. Just because you got away with it once, it always catches up to you.  Retailers don't have quota's anymore but most live for catching people.  Some even compete against other stores and other security people. 

REMEMBER:  SOMEONE IS BEING PAID TO WATCH YOU AND SHOPLIFTING IS ONLY HURTING US.  So, cut the crap and get a JOB.  

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

Message 1 of 11 (171 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Shoplifting, hurts everybody

Dec 12, 2012
Message 2 of 11 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 12, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Orson Clapping.gif

Moble

ty!  I'd rather have KUDOS ^^

Message 3 of 11 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

No Kudos.jpg

Ah ha ha ha ha ha.  JK. Smiley Happy

Soon, very soon.  I am seeing if I can make it through the rest of the week without giving any.

Moble

Message 4 of 11 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Technically shoplifting could bring more jobs...
energy
Message 5 of 11 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 12, 2012

bm2919 wrote:
Technically shoplifting could bring more jobs...

Like hiring extra security  Smiley Wink

jk

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 6 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Yep and it's a very fun job to have.  Best job to have in retail. 

Message 7 of 11 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I got caught shop lifting a Crass cassette when I was in High School.

I had to do twelve hours of community service, attend a counseling class, and report to a probation officer for a year.  I had friends who got busted with drugs, that got less of a punishment.  Oh yeah, and the fines were like $650.

All for a $7 tape.  Not worth it, never did it again.

The kicker to the counseling class, was everyone at the class was in there for some type of assault.  Literally everyone, except me.  Everyone told their story, then they got to me and I was embarrassed to say I just stole a cassette.

One guy even drove his truck through the front room of his ex wife's house.  Way to go justice system!

Moble

Message 8 of 11 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I was hanging with some buds in a Marshalls and we decided to steal some hats. we all got a hat and walked out the store. In my younger years I wasnt very bright and I put the hat that I just stole on my head as soon as I got out of the store. Thats when the security guard in the store started chasing me, so I jumped in a bush was really stupid because thats how I got caught. But luckily he just took the hat back and let us go. That was the last time I stole, but some of my other friends got busted at a Kohls and they royally screwed them, arrested them and took em down to the station. They had to go to drug counseling and write all these essays and letters of apology, not to mention they had to go to court.

But yeah its definatley not worth it

PSN - Vallez93
Message 9 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Don't mess with KOHLS, they will screw you. I know, I used to work for them. In the month of Dec back in 04. I had a case almost every single day. Most were adults, stealing stupid stuff. Even caught a cops kid. They found out who it was, they arrested him to. His father was one of the supervisors for the police department. We even call his dad and told him what just took place.  He said, "go ahead and arrest him." He was actually very cool about it.

Message 10 of 11 (127 Views)
0 Likes