Fender Bender
3450 posts

Re: Self Defense or Murder? Your Opinion?

Mar 4, 2014

I would like to have heard the verbal exchange.  In order for it to be self defense, the shooter must have been in reasonable fear of death or grave bodily harm. It appears that the person who was shot was the instigator of the incident.  The shooter tried to disengage from the confrontation and was pursued.  The man who was shot made initial physical contact. The shooter talked with police and showed contrition.  To me, it looks like self defense.

He does make some mistakes. His statement to 911/police should have been limited to "There has been a shooting.  Send an ambulance.  I feel terrible about what happened.  I will be glad to cooperate fully in the presence of my attorney."

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 21 of 25 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55180 posts

Mar 5, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

this is the follow up to the incident from 2 wk+ ago.. at first i thought it was some snotty kid with a gun.. but i was wrong..

from the video.. i think this might be valid case of self defense..

your opinion?

From that video alone I say self defense.

There was an altercation at the counter, the shooter walked away, the shootee followed him then initiated violent contact.  The contact reached the point where the shooter had another man's arm around his throat dragging him.  If I was on a jury I would find the Shooter acted in self-defense.

Message 22 of 25 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55180 posts

Mar 5, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

Looked like he was grabbed and pushed... hitting his head on the top edge of the 3-4ft concrete wall there.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

i think it's self explainatory

I did not notice that before.  This just solidifies my earlier comment.

Message 23 of 25 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22603 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2014

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

well wait a minute. Exactly who got killed, was it the guy that started the fight or was it the guy that was attacked first?

the one who striked first was killed..  he's the one that grabbed and pushed the other guy against the concrete wall and then grab him by the neck and dragged him cross the floor..  the other guy pulled out a gun and shoot him..

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
From that video alone I say self defense.

There was an altercation at the counter, the shooter walked away, the shootee followed him then initiated violent contact.  The contact reached the point where the shooter had another man's arm around his throat dragging him.  If I was on a jury I would find the Shooter acted in self-defense.

they had a verbal argument..  the other guy walked away.. then he followed..  that's strike 1

then more verbal argument.. then he striked the other guy.. that's strike 2..

the other guy was pushed.. i'm not sure but i think his head hit the edge of the concrete wall there.. (like in the screenshot i posted)..

i think the shooter will not have any problem .. according to the law in arizona..

since he walked away from confrontation.. and then were attacked

i think it's a valid case we have here..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 6, 2014

EVILEMPIRE951 wrote:

well i can see in other states how this may pass as legal but try getting away with that here in california you would prob be shot by the cops if they know u have a gun on u 

Califnornia is one of the most poorly governed states in the US... That's like saying:

"Well if babies ran the country things would be different"

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 25 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes