Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Re: See ya sony! Back to Xbox!!!!

Jun 20, 2013

ChrisPeaBacon wrote:

Well, it happened. MS caved into the pressure and pulled a 180!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Looks like I will be getting an Xbox One and be able to stay with a brand I've loved since the start =)

I'm really excited for this generation now. The playing fields have been leveled and PS will have a fierce competitor!

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy PS and the exclusive games it has but I prefer the feel of the Xbox (reasons that will remain unlisted because every time I do it entices a fanboy war -_-). I will eventually get a PS4 when the price dropped as I did with the PS3. Till then, ta-ta!

Good luck with the XBOX1, Just hope Microsoft doesn't change their policy after everyone buys their XB1's, check out the TOS from MS and you will see why I say that :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 130 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4951 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Every terms of service says that pilgrim.. Being a homeling i would think you knew that already.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 130 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4951 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Btw there are a ton of those [MOTHERSHIP] mates running around in home with that blue eye and trying to teach people how to steal things rather than pay for them. Might need to get that under control.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 130 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ChrisPeaBacon wrote:

Looks like I will be getting an Xbox One and be able to stay with a brand I've loved since the start =)

I'm really excited for this generation now. The playing fields have been leveled and PS will have a fierce competitor!

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy PS and the exclusive games it has but I prefer the feel of the Xbox (reasons that will remain unlisted because every time I do it entices a fanboy war -_-). I will eventually get a PS4 when the price dropped as I did with the PS3. Till then, ta-ta!

Everyone has their own choice to make.  I hope your decision works out for you.  I owned the xbox and xbox 360 up until a few days ago.  I traded all of my xbox stuff in for a PS4 preorder.  Despite this backpedaling by Microsoft, I don't regret my decision.  Here are a few reasons why.

Backward Incompatibility - Niether system is backward compatible so what you bought last gen doesn't matter much.  I probably wouldn't play them again anyway with the launch lineup anyway.

Points - I really don't understand why anyone cares about the points they earned on old games.

What hasn't changed - Xbox One is still going to cost $100 more and there is still the risk to your privacy.  Microsoft doesn't show any sign of changing those policies.

What Microsoft Wanted - As other posters pointed out, Microsoft did want to put these policies into place and only agreed to stop doing it under pressure of losing Xbox One sales.  What is going to happen when Microsoft gets those sales?

Don Mattrick - Don said that users who don't have internet can buy a 360 and the Xbox deliveres "thousands of dollars of value."  In addition, you will notice that Microsoft subtly used thier legal team to pull all of the youtube videos and comments that embarassed Don.    Do you really want to give your hard earned money to this tool?

Encouraging Bad Behavior - I don't want to encourage Microsoft into thinking they can act like this and get away with it.  I really hope they don't sell a single unit so they don't try to pull this again.

I am really looking forward to getting my PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 130 (175 Views)
Wastelander
767 posts

Jun 20, 2013

GIMPPS wrote:

lol microsoft doing a 360 uturn now thats irony

Seriously?! It's a 180, 360 is a complete circle.  A U-turn means going back the other way.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 130 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4374 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Go back to Microsoft people.

You are just lining up to be a hot lunch for the MS predator.

Interesting read from an interview with Microsoft's Marc Whitten while he shovels BS about the reversal.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-drm-policy-changes-waited-on-gamers-knowing-complete-story/

Most important quote from the article, in reference to how long this new DRM free policy will stay in effect;

"Finally, Whitten could not give any reassurance that Microsoft will not change its policies in the future."

IF THAT ISN'T A HUGE RED FLAG, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 130 (149 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Jun 20, 2013

lol is the only reply worth of replying

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 130 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ChrisPeaBacon wrote:

I hope you enjoy your gaming no matter where you experience it!  Of course I wish it was with us... but to each their own. I never hate on anyone based off personal preference :smileyhappy: Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 130 (137 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Jun 20, 2013
If you "loved them from the start", you wouldn't have joined these forums.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 130 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Microsoft walks up to you and starts beating you, telling you how worthless you are. You escape, run down the street to Sony's house, and ask for help. Sony invites you in, gives you something to eat and drink, and offers to call the cops. Suddenly, the doorbell rings: It's Microsoft, saying that he's sorry and that he listened to his therapist and is a changed man.

Your options?

• Go back with Microsoft, believe that he is a changed man, and hope that he never acts out against you again.
  • Take Sony's offer and call the cops, tell them what Microsoft did to you, and put him away for good.

My point?

• Choose wisely. Just because Microsoft changed their mind and is now backtracking, doesn't mean that they've learned their lesson. Who's to say that Microsoft doesn't start slowly adding back the features that they're taking away?
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 130 (187 Views)