Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/17/2007
Online
28762 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Jigsaw4422 wrote:

Not 2 mention if ya doing stuff ya not suppose to be doing on a sub acc. it DOES affect ya main acc :smileytongue:


No it does not.  I even called Sony and asked if they could check.  They  aren't linked together at all. 

 

People make secondary accounts all the time...


They aren't "linked" per say.... but this magic thing called an I.P. address reveals the identity of users. The forum mods and staff can see that its you and ban you.

They can't get your IP address, unless they are working with the government or doing it illegal 


False, Im a mod on another ps fan site and I can see IP adresses... I think you are a little lacking in knowledge here buddy.

hmmm, well if you get my IP address, you must be breaking the law. 

 

Because I thought only the governement can and therefor you are breaking the TOS.  I don't sniff out other people's IP address I don't  need to 


Anyone with basic command prompt knowledge can get an I.P. address not to mention the people who are being paid to moderate a privately owned forum. 

 

Hell, the website itself shows you your IP address on your profile page. The idea that only the government can see your IP address is hilariously wrong, especially when the government doesn't even own the internet. 

Message 31 of 53 (184 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
15643 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

rramsdell2 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Jigsaw4422 wrote:

Not 2 mention if ya doing stuff ya not suppose to be doing on a sub acc. it DOES affect ya main acc :smileytongue:


No it does not.  I even called Sony and asked if they could check.  They  aren't linked together at all. 

 

People make secondary accounts all the time...


They aren't "linked" per say.... but this magic thing called an I.P. address reveals the identity of users. The forum mods and staff can see that its you and ban you.

They can't get your IP address, unless they are working with the government or doing it illegal 


Tada!!

 



okay, so how do you know that? 


The Municipal vipers of plymouth are not to be trifled with
Message 32 of 53 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2014
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:
I knew it was you because I'm perceptive.

They said they can't link your accounts...because, like I said, what they meant by that is not what you are thinking. I did not get your I.P. address. You're mixing and matching things I said at different times to make a sad quilt of some alternate reality where you're somehow in the right here.

hmmm, really.  because I thought only the higher ups like the government can get it.  

 

These forums aren't safe, so is someone breaking the law.  Unless someone could explain it better to me.  

Message 33 of 53 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2014
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

eagles1990 wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Jigsaw4422 wrote:

Not 2 mention if ya doing stuff ya not suppose to be doing on a sub acc. it DOES affect ya main acc :smileytongue:


No it does not.  I even called Sony and asked if they could check.  They  aren't linked together at all. 

 

People make secondary accounts all the time...


They aren't "linked" per say.... but this magic thing called an I.P. address reveals the identity of users. The forum mods and staff can see that its you and ban you.

They can't get your IP address, unless they are working with the government or doing it illegal 


False, Im a mod on another ps fan site and I can see IP adresses... I think you are a little lacking in knowledge here buddy.

hmmm, well if you get my IP address, you must be breaking the law. 

 

Because I thought only the governement can and therefor you are breaking the TOS.  I don't sniff out other people's IP address I don't  need to 


Anyone with basic command prompt knowledge can get an I.P. address not to mention the people who are being paid to moderate a privately owned forum. 

 

Hell, the website itself shows you your IP address on your profile page. The idea that only the government can see your IP address is hilariously wrong, especially when the government doesn't even own the internet. 


So basically what you are saying, its illegal!   It can't be legit then. 

Message 34 of 53 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
15643 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:
I knew it was you because I'm perceptive.

They said they can't link your accounts...because, like I said, what they meant by that is not what you are thinking. I did not get your I.P. address. You're mixing and matching things I said at different times to make a sad quilt of some alternate reality where you're somehow in the right here.

hmmm, really.  because I thought only the higher ups like the government can get it.  

 

These forums aren't safe, so is someone breaking the law.  Unless someone could explain it better to me.  


I don't know what else to say other than, I.P. addresses aren't difficult to get... knowing what to do with one is another story. But for the purposes of identifying someone's alt, it's easy. But like I said... nobody even needed to do that.
Message 35 of 53 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2014
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:
I knew it was you because I'm perceptive.

They said they can't link your accounts...because, like I said, what they meant by that is not what you are thinking. I did not get your I.P. address. You're mixing and matching things I said at different times to make a sad quilt of some alternate reality where you're somehow in the right here.

hmmm, really.  because I thought only the higher ups like the government can get it.  

 

These forums aren't safe, so is someone breaking the law.  Unless someone could explain it better to me.  


I don't know what else to say other than, I.P. addresses aren't difficult to get... knowing what to do with one is another story. But for the purposes of identifying someone's alt, it's easy. But like I said... nobody even needed to do that.

Yes but what I'm saying, is it legal for Sony or the Moderators to be doing that?  

 

Again, secondary accounts are completely different.  If they ban my main account, but I would love to know how the site is tracking IP address.

Message 36 of 53 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/17/2013
Offline
2936 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014
This taken directly from the TOS page....
 
 
 
If you are under the legal age of majority, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Agreement and Privacy Policy. By clicking the "I AGREE" button yourself (or "ACCEPT" button for PSN), you affirm that you have reached the legal age of majority and accept this Agreement. You also affirm that you accept this Agreement on behalf of, and all legal and financial responsibility and liability for the actions of, your child and you hereby expressly ratify and confirm any acts of your child and all users of your subordinate accounts ("Sub Accounts").
 

There are two types of accounts: Master Accounts and Sub Accounts. All accounts have an associated mailbox for receiving electronic text mail. If you have reached the legal age of majority, you can create a Master Account for yourself. Where available, each Master Account can create up to six (6) associated Sub Accounts. You are not permitted to create Sub Accounts for adults or persons under the legal age of majority who are not your children or for whom you are not the legal guardian. Your children must be of a certain age in order to have a Sub Account. Sub Accounts may not be available in all countries. Deletion or termination of a Master Account may result in the deletion and termination of all associated Sub Accounts.

 

A Master Account has access to and control over the following aspects of its Sub Accounts: (i) financial aspects; (ii) content availability and (iii) certain communication features. Text mail from SNEI that relates to a Sub Account's purchases will be sent to the mailbox of the associated Master Account. At its sole discretion, SNEI may send text mail to the Master Account relating to the Sub Account's other activities. The Master Account holder is jointly and severally legally and financially responsible for the actions of his or her Sub Account holders.

 
 
There's ya proof lol :smileytongue:
 
Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Leisuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~


You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 37 of 53 (155 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/18/2009
Offline
6424 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

Just be a good boy and this won't happen again.

                            KANE-FIRE


                                     Twitter  Welcoming Committee [INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD WWE 2K15 Game Nights [INFO] WWE2K15 [INFO] Resident Evil Revelations 2 [INFO] Resident Evil HD Youtube 

Message 38 of 53 (144 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
15643 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

Apr 13, 2014

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:
I knew it was you because I'm perceptive.

They said they can't link your accounts...because, like I said, what they meant by that is not what you are thinking. I did not get your I.P. address. You're mixing and matching things I said at different times to make a sad quilt of some alternate reality where you're somehow in the right here.

hmmm, really.  because I thought only the higher ups like the government can get it.  

 

These forums aren't safe, so is someone breaking the law.  Unless someone could explain it better to me.  


I don't know what else to say other than, I.P. addresses aren't difficult to get... knowing what to do with one is another story. But for the purposes of identifying someone's alt, it's easy. But like I said... nobody even needed to do that.

Yes but what I'm saying, is it legal for Sony or the Moderators to be doing that?  

 

Again, secondary accounts are completely different.  If they ban my main account, but I would love to know how the site is tracking IP address.


As has been stated, your I.P. address is connected to you, and it shows it in your profile on this site (though that is not visible to regular users) Also, yes, it is perfectly legal for the mods to see your IP
Message 39 of 53 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Online
14337 posts
 

Re: Secondary accounts??

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014

rramsdell2 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell2 wrote:

Jigsaw4422 wrote:

Not 2 mention if ya doing stuff ya not suppose to be doing on a sub acc. it DOES affect ya main acc :smileytongue:


No it does not.  I even called Sony and asked if they could check.  They  aren't linked together at all. 

 

People make secondary accounts all the time...


They aren't "linked" per say.... but this magic thing called an I.P. address reveals the identity of users. The forum mods and staff can see that its you and ban you.

They can't get your IP address, unless they are working with the government or doing it illegal 


Tada!!

 



okay, so how do you know that? 


I backtraced you with my expert usage of an instance of elevated command prompt.

 

Totally legal. 

 

yourip


I know a spell that will make you show your true form; cave rat taught it to me.

Fabulous!
Message 40 of 53 (140 Views)
0 Likes