Reply
Highlighted
Dec 01 2006
By: RJC777 I Only Post Everything 1298 posts
Offline

Science Fair

10 replies 3 views Edited Dec 1, 2006
I'm doing a science fair project (not that im a geek or anything. It's required or i fail) and the Title is: Which Paper Plane Will Fly the Longest?. I'm doing good so far but I can't think of a hypothesis. I don't know what to put. Any suggestions?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/01/2004
Offline
5311 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006
by using my head I would say, the plane that makes the greatest use of aerodynamics and low weight. also planes with large wingspans.
Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Message 2 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/13/2006
Offline
7820 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006
My own hypothesis would be:

The plane that travels the most distance in the air will fly the farthest.




Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 11-30-2006 06:26 PM
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 3 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/24/2005
Offline
9247 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006


Overclocked Cellist wrote:
My own hypothesis would be:

The plane that travels the most distance in the air will fly the farthest.




Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 11-30-2006 06:26 PM

That is SO wrong...
Message 4 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/13/2006
Offline
1298 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006


metal0130 wrote:
by using my head I would say, the plane that makes the greatest use of aerodynamics and low weight. also planes with large wingspans.



Thanks, that's a really good one.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/01/2004
Offline
5311 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006
i dont know how many planes you are using, but make sure to keep very detailed notes about the weight of each plane. Im not sure how a kid at home would measure aerodynamics but maybe um, take photographs of the front of each plane and measure the visible surface area? it could work since you hav eno wind tunnel
 
"Paper planes with the favorable weight:air resistance ratio will fly the furthest."
Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Message 6 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/01/2004
Offline
5311 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006


metal0130 wrote:
i dont know how many planes you are using, but make sure to keep very detailed notes about the weight of each plane. Im not sure how a kid at home would measure aerodynamics but maybe um, take photographs of the front of each plane and measure the visible surface area? it could work since you hav eno wind tunnel
 
"Paper planes with the favorable weight:air resistance ratio will fly the furthest."



ok i edit myself and assume each plane is made out of the same size peice of paper... therefor it is even more important to note the size of the wings and the surface area...
 
low SA = more drag than lift at launch
high SA = less drag than life at initial launch
Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Message 7 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/11/2005
Offline
4912 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006
My science fair is giving music to plants will make it grow faster
Message 8 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/01/2004
Offline
5311 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006


HowDoI... wrote:
My science fair is giving music to plants will make it grow faster



is that a fact or a hypothesis?
 
Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Message 9 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/11/2005
Offline
4912 posts
 

Re: Science Fair

Dec 1, 2006


metal0130 wrote:


HowDoI... wrote:
My science fair is giving music to plants will make it grow faster



is that a fact or a hypothesis?
 


The question.
Message 10 of 11 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes