Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 1, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

This kind of stuff happens anytime now. Like many of you have said here, maybe's its because kids think its just fun to kill because they did it in let's say Battlefield. 

 

They think "Oh Its fun to shoot someone...I want to try it out in real life!" This might have not been the case, but yea, this can happen anywhere..and I hope the parents are doing ok and the kids.


So you are on the train of thought that agrees media is to blame for kids shooting each other then?  Not attacking you.  Just trying to clearly grasp your stance on the matter.

Message 11 of 17 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
55022 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 1, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

This kind of stuff happens anytime now. Like many of you have said here, maybe's its because kids think its just fun to kill because they did it in let's say Battlefield. 

 

They think "Oh Its fun to shoot someone...I want to try it out in real life!" This might have not been the case, but yea, this can happen anywhere..and I hope the parents are doing ok and the kids.


So you are on the train of thought that agrees media is to blame for kids shooting each other then?  Not attacking you.  Just trying to clearly grasp your stance on the matter.


I'm of the mindset the the individual person who actually goes and does the shooting is responsible for their own decisions...i guess personal responsibility is a dirty word now.

Message 12 of 17 (96 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/05/2008
Offline
13545 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 1, 2013

Another shooting? Jesus...

 

I'm surprised rramsdell hasn't claimed that this was fake yet...

Message 13 of 17 (88 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15342 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 1, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

Another shooting? Jesus...

 

I'm surprised rramsdell hasn't claimed that this was fake yet...


Well it was. A kid takes a bullet to the back of his head and lives? You can't explain that.

 

 

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 14 of 17 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 1, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

Another shooting? Jesus...

 

I'm surprised rramsdell hasn't claimed that this was fake yet...


Well it was. A kid takes a bullet to the back of his head and lives? You can't explain that.

 

 


Well it hit his head, but didn't hit his brain or anything it like travel though his skin I believe and passed by the skull I think. 

Message 15 of 17 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
3407 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 2, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

This kind of stuff happens anytime now. Like many of you have said here, maybe's its because kids think its just fun to kill because they did it in let's say Battlefield. 

 

They think "Oh Its fun to shoot someone...I want to try it out in real life!" This might have not been the case, but yea, this can happen anywhere..and I hope the parents are doing ok and the kids.


So you are on the train of thought that agrees media is to blame for kids shooting each other then?  Not attacking you.  Just trying to clearly grasp your stance on the matter.


That isn't what I was saying, the media is not fully responsible for it, rather than it being part of the reason, it isn't the full reason. SOme of these people make the decision on thier own.

 photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 16 of 17 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
55022 posts
 

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

Feb 2, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

This kind of stuff happens anytime now. Like many of you have said here, maybe's its because kids think its just fun to kill because they did it in let's say Battlefield. 

 

They think "Oh Its fun to shoot someone...I want to try it out in real life!" This might have not been the case, but yea, this can happen anywhere..and I hope the parents are doing ok and the kids.


So you are on the train of thought that agrees media is to blame for kids shooting each other then?  Not attacking you.  Just trying to clearly grasp your stance on the matter.


That isn't what I was saying, the media is not fully responsible for it, rather than it being part of the reason, it isn't the full reason. SOme of these people make the decision on thier own.


I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you on this. 

The only one to truly blame is the individual who makes the decision to perform violent acts.  

 

My cousins had me watching faces of death before i was 10, i've played shooters since i was a little kid, grew up watching Rambo and Commando and I've never gone out and shot my fellow citizens before. 

 

No disrespect meant to you at all I just don't abide placing blame for your own actions on other people.  

Message 17 of 17 (51 Views)