Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 21 2013
By: Mosh2000 First Son 17 posts

Scam artist

6 replies 132 views Edited Aug 21, 2013

Just got a message from a scam artist on here. Ignore people that use my dear in the beginning.

Message 1 of 7 (132 Views)
MVP Support
7212 posts

Re: Scam artist

Aug 21, 2013

Right thing to do first, and delete that message that person has sent to you afterwards.

Message 2 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Well I think some users will recognize this and I reported this person to the PS forms moderator.

"Hello my dear,
How are you doing today? i hope this message find you in good health over there, please my dear i saw your profile and i became interested on you, my name is miss Ciara Sands.I wish to have you as a friend, if you care. I have important reasons to request your interest for a Serious Relationship, i will be happy if you can send me email at (ciara.sands@yahoo.com) so that i can easily explain to you more about me and send you my picture because I have something very Important to tell you.
Your New Friend
Miss Ciata."

Message 3 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7212 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Mosh2000 wrote:

Well I think some users will recognize this and I reported this person to the PS forms moderator.

"Hello my dear,
How are you doing today? i hope this message find you in good health over there, please my dear i saw your profile and i became interested on you, my name is miss Ciara Sands.I wish to have you as a friend, if you care. I have important reasons to request your interest for a Serious Relationship, i will be happy if you can send me email at (ciara.sands@yahoo.com) so that i can easily explain to you more about me and send you my picture because I have something very Important to tell you.
Your New Friend
Miss Ciata."

That's good. You're not the only one who got that same message from her.

Message 4 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Its been reported to the mods for about 3 days now!!! They havnt done a **bleep** thing
Message 5 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Hmm, 8/21 and this is still happening?

The moderation team aren't dumb, they are fully aware i'm sure, as in my experience they watch the forums pretty closely and see almost everything that's posted. I'm sure they are on top of it.

As far as why this user hasn't been banned, no clue, but I'm sure there's a good explanation.

Message 6 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6740 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
Its been reported to the mods for about 3 days now!!! They havnt done a **bleep** thing

Hey there...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but since there's no way to report PMs (it's a privacy thing), we don't really know when the spammer strikes! 

The best thing to do would be to send one of the Mods a PM (or PSForumMods) and we can look into it.

Thanks!

traWnza

edit - this user is making alts that's why you're seeing them pop up again and again.

Message 7 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes