Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Dec 13 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts
Offline

Sandy concert

8 replies 139 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

Anyone watch that last night? I swear, Kane West said the N word.  Adam Sandler, was a joke.  Only good act was Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen.   The concert was awful.  Why we need this anyways, Obama not helping no more.

 

Message 1 of 9 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
29645 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

Anyone watch that last night? I swear, Kane West said the N word.  Adam Sandler, was a joke.  Only good act was Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen.   The concert was awful.  Why we need this anyways, Obama not helping no more.

 


I watched most (not ALL) of it, I agree, Billy Joel was great, always is in my opinion, saw him live in concert some years ago, The Who were ok, some parts of the concert were good, some not so, awful, no, great, no, it was ok I suppose & if it raises money for the relief effort & that money actually makes it to the people that really need it then it did it's job.

Message 2 of 9 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

Dec 13, 2012

Didn't see it but I HOPE it was for a good cause and NOT about getting their faces on TV.

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 3 of 9 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Online
14330 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Anyone watch that last night? I swear, Kane West said the N word.  Adam Sandler, was a joke.  Only good act was Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen.   The concert was awful.  Why we need this anyways, Obama not helping no more.

 


I watched most (not ALL) of it, I agree, Billy Joel was great, always is in my opinion, saw him live in concert some years ago, The Who were ok, some parts of the concert were good, some not so, awful, no, great, no, it was ok I suppose & if it raises money for the relief effort & that money actually makes it to the people that really need it then it did it's job.


That is the part that bothers me somewhat. I see charities raising millions in the name of "Sandy Relief" yet it's not actually clear where the money goes. There has been one FEMA truck, an Allstate Moblie Claims Center and a Red Cross truck in my neighborhood since the storm.

 

As for the concert, I only watched the part with Alicia Keys.

 

Edit: Why am I now a bomb expert, how is that cheery?!


I know a spell that will make you show your true form; cave rat taught it to me.

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 9 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
960 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

Dec 13, 2012

The only part I saw was when The Who were playing Baba O'Riley.

Message 5 of 9 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/28/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

Dec 13, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

Anyone watch that last night? I swear, Kane West said the N word.  Adam Sandler, was a joke.  Only good act was Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen.   The concert was awful.  Why we need this anyways, Obama not helping no more.

 


kanye is aight :smileytongue: but no where near as good as billy joel springsteen or pauly






<script id="__changoScript" type="text/javascript">// var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src=( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})(); // </script>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 6 of 9 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/31/2009
Offline
1297 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

Dec 16, 2012

What the heck was Kanye West doing there!? I thought this was a "legends" concert. He had no business there.

Message 7 of 9 (85 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/05/2010
Offline
13630 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

darknovaxp wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Anyone watch that last night? I swear, Kane West said the N word.  Adam Sandler, was a joke.  Only good act was Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen.   The concert was awful.  Why we need this anyways, Obama not helping no more.

 


I watched most (not ALL) of it, I agree, Billy Joel was great, always is in my opinion, saw him live in concert some years ago, The Who were ok, some parts of the concert were good, some not so, awful, no, great, no, it was ok I suppose & if it raises money for the relief effort & that money actually makes it to the people that really need it then it did it's job.


That is the part that bothers me somewhat. I see charities raising millions in the name of "Sandy Relief" yet it's not actually clear where the money goes. There has been one FEMA truck, an Allstate Moblie Claims Center and a Red Cross truck in my neighborhood since the storm.

 

As for the concert, I only watched the part with Alicia Keys.

 

Edit: Why am I now a bomb expert, how is that cheery?!


You're lucky. There was absolutely no aid where I live at all as far as I know; just local aid. We had no relief help whatsoever, despite people having no power for over a week, gas shortages, trees down everywhere...it was a mess. Yet...nothing. And yeah, no FEMA whatsoever; federal governemt didn't give any aid to half my state (NJ) from what I know (at least, none of the counties that had gas shortages got any federal aid, and I think it was either 10 or 11 that had it), and everywhere was affected here.

 

EDIT: IMO, for the most part anyway, relief money doesn't go to those who really need it, especially not through the big-name organizations. Its sad, but I mean, if it did my area wouldn't have been a mess for so long. Heck, I think there were people saying that everything was fine and fixed in my area days before anything was done so nothing could be given.

 

EDIT 2: And yeah, unfortunately, seeing no aid come to my area when we needed it isn't going to help in the future; I know I'm much more skeptical about giving money to these organizations who say they're helping but not doing anything in my area, or even nearby. And I'm sure a lot of people here are thinking like that; we needed help but got nothing...so what are they really doing?

Message 8 of 9 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/05/2008
Offline
13358 posts
 

Re: Sandy concert

Dec 16, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

What the heck was Kanye West doing there!? I thought this was a "legends" concert. He had no business there.


He's a joke reduced to being Kim K's latest " victim " .

Message 9 of 9 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes