10300 posts

Re: [Sales] Steam puts Sony to shame

Jul 12, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Absinthetic wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Steam doesn't give you free games

#sonywinsfatality

visit the free to play section of steam.....

Call me when battlefield 3 and uncharted 3 and saints row 3 end up in that section 

Sure....just as soon as you put the goal posts back where they were

Message 21 of 77 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Jul 12, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

A good price will make you forget about that.

A good price won't make me forget Steam attempting to copy incredibly private data from my phone.

Why would Valve require data on who calls me, who I call and when I call?

Message 22 of 77 (189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Steam is able to get away with low pricing, not by choice, but because they have to. Software on PCs is READILY hacked and pirated, and within a few days of release just about any game out there can be had for free. If they want to make money, they need to be able to sell the game at a cheap price.

In addition, Steam has competition with other retailers for the games. Both digital and physical versions. Sony/MS/Nintendo have zero competition except for retail stores, and those stores rely on Sony/MS/Nintendo in order to stay in business so they certainly won't undercut them.
Message 23 of 77 (187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Steam sales are great and everything. So are sonys.

Dont get why you gotta argue whose is better.

Sony has had better deals than steam before and vice versa.

photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 24 of 77 (175 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 12, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:
Well I got Borderlands2 a couple months back for $20.00. GameStop was $40 & Amazon/ebay didn't have it less than $30. So that was a good deal, imo. And the ability to sell hard copies back lowers the effective price of the game. And buying used is also money saving. Those who don't buy used, that's your right. But I like being able to buy and sell my property. Unless its in my financial interest (read:cheaper) to buy digital.

Both BL2 and it's Season pass are going for $10.19 a piece at the moment and that's without having to have a paid subscription. Not bad. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is $7.50 at the moment.

Already own BL2, but I did purchase Dark Souls Smiley Happy. Dishonored (when it drops to 66% Off) and Tomb Raider (if it drops further than the current 50% Off) are the only other AAA titles I plan on purchasing during the Summer Sale, so I figured why not Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 77 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Jul 12, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:
While Steam comes out with sales at a far better ratio than Sony, MS and Nintendo combined I wouldn't look down on Sony's offers. The Summer Sale was killer, Atlus is currently offering some of their published RPGs for dirt cheap (ranging between $2.45 to $7.45). People could buy several games these weeks for less than $10 which is pretty huge~.

Steam is solely dedicated to this, Sony just has a digital store. Give it time, it might evolve to that level someday~.

But how many of those games during Sony sales are popular AAA titles and/or recently released titles?

For example, Bioshock Infinite is $30 right now (was cheaper on GMG earlier today with an extra 20% Off voucher).

Dishonored is currently sitting at $18, with it going to go down to $10.20 (if not when it wins the CC vote, eventually as a daily/flash deal). The DLC is also on sale, so you'll soon be able to grab the game and all the DLC for around $15.

Then we have games like DARK and Remember Me, that have just been released in the past month at 25% Off (with the possibility of them being further discounted in a daily/flash/CC deal).

Sony may offer some nice deals here and there, but nothing competes with Steam and other digital-PC sales (GMG, Amazon, GOG, etc.)

Sometimes you the dlc free  with the the game on psn.Steam cannot say that. You a have pay for everything on steam  on psn that is not  the  case.

Steam doesnt get  none in any betas, nor does the gamers  win prizes packs. Steam is cheap, i give them  that  but i think dev rather be  psn  to get a slice of the pie  even if  its 5$.  Some games have sold better  on psn than  steam.   Also vise versa.

I think psn  will be better than steam after some time since sony has  playstaion mobile,  most pc games are that popular, are mobile games now  days. btw  ps vita an  psp can be   phone

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 26 of 77 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Jul 12, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
Steam doesnt get  none in any betas, nor does the gamers  win prizes packs. Steam is cheap, i give them  that  but i think dev rather be  psn  to get a slice of the pie  even if  its 5$. 

thats not true. steam does have betas, many of them, and also prize packs of virtual crap you can trade with other steam users

and there is also steam greenlight for independant game devs

Message 27 of 77 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jul 12, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

#sonywinsfatality

Neither does Sony.

Message 28 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Absinthetic wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

#sonywinsfatality

visit the free to play section of steam.....

Err you realize F2P was pionered on the PC and there are far more choices?

Message 29 of 77 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

#sonywinsfatality

Neither does Sony.

What a fail comment