Uncharted Territory
1596 posts

Re: Roaches in PS3?

Jun 30, 2008

flupke wrote:

Zero19 wrote:
ive been out on vacation for a couple of days and I just got back yesterday night. today while playing my ps3 i noticed something wierd, roaches in my tv stand! the only time i see them in my house is maybe near the kitchen, but never near my electronices. i open my stand and see that they made a nest in the corner.... well i sprayed and killed them all but now im scared. For one why would they make a nest there? Also, is it possible they went in my precious ps3!? it seems unlikely as ive never seen one in my pc, ps2, etc. but is it possible?

Please don't invite me for dinner.

lol you guys took it the wrong way. i dont mean roaches everywhere in the kitchen eating all the food. when i somemtimes get up late at nite to get a drink of water isee like a couple on the floor.
Message 31 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jun 30, 2008

i think there might be.

a couple years back i borrowed my friend's original xbox to play halo2. u know what it looks like. the whole outer edge of the xbox is lined with a big heatsink (all the notches). anyways when i was putting it up to give back to my friend i noticed a HUGE dead roach inside one part of the heatsink..

Message 32 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
557 posts

Jun 30, 2008
Actually, I saw on dirty jobs, that El Roaches are attracted to EMF. Your TV, PS3, Intercomm, vibrator, etc; will attract the little varmints. The best way to handle it would probably be to CLEAN YOUR HOUSE!!!!!
"You've been puttin' it up your whole life friendo."
Message 33 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3859 posts

Jun 30, 2008

Zero19 wrote:

flupke wrote:

Zero19 wrote:
ive been out on vacation for a couple of days and I just got back yesterday night. today while playing my ps3 i noticed something wierd, roaches in my tv stand! the only time i see them in my house is maybe near the kitchen, but never near my electronices. i open my stand and see that they made a nest in the corner.... well i sprayed and killed them all but now im scared. For one why would they make a nest there? Also, is it possible they went in my precious ps3!? it seems unlikely as ive never seen one in my pc, ps2, etc. but is it possible?

Please don't invite me for dinner.

lol you guys took it the wrong way. i dont mean roaches everywhere in the kitchen eating all the food. when i somemtimes get up late at nite to get a drink of water isee like a couple on the floor.

I think that you are given people a little too much personal information if you ask me.

Message 34 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jun 30, 2008

donjuan4ever wrote:
You should hire an exterminator and if you can't afford it get your parents to hire one.

I agree, i don't think its good to have those little nasty things crawling around in the first place.

Message 35 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4919 posts

Jun 30, 2008
lol, you got me thinking now. but nah id doubt it, if there not in ur tv then it wouldnt be in ur ps3.
Message 36 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jun 30, 2008

JJCHOWDY wrote:
Actually, I saw on dirty jobs, that El Roaches are attracted to EMF. Your TV, PS3, Intercomm, vibrator, etc; will attract the little varmints. The best way to handle it would probably be to CLEAN YOUR HOUSE!!!!!
Just because somebody has a roach doesn't mean they have a dirty house.......

Message 37 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2748 posts

Jun 30, 2008
smoke them roaches up! gotta an extra clip if you need it........
image hosted by ImageVenue.com

CURRENT FLAVOR: SOUR DIESEL
Message 38 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jun 30, 2008

You're not gonna believe this, but... lol...

EDIT: k that link will never work because of the word "c.ock" in "c.ockroaches"....

heres the snippet:

"So far this is just a theory, but it's something that's beginning to come under investigation. Apparently, Japanese entertainment magazine BARKS has alleged that a powered-on Wii emits a sound frequency which falls right into the range to which **bleep**roaches are attracted. This could lend itself to a few uninvited roommates for gamers who are too busy waggling their remotes to invest some time in a little basic housekeeping."

Message Edited by AndStayDown on 06-30-2008 12:45 PM
Message 39 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jun 30, 2008
in all seriousness I would just listen to the PS3 for a few minutes (off, power switch off and unpluged) and listen for bug noises if you don't hear anything then you should be good.
PSN: yamugushi
Currently playing GTA IV
Next game MGS4
Message 40 of 109 (146 Views)
0 Likes