Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Re: Retailers Push Amazon on Taxes

Apr 28, 2013
Actually, would it be just as fair to eliminate sales tax on physical stores instead of adding them to online stores?
Message 11 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
37262 posts

Re: Retailers Push Amazon on Taxes

Apr 28, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Actually, would it be just as fair to eliminate sales tax on physical stores instead of adding them to online stores?

See, now you're thinking.  Instead of stabbing out everyone's right eye, give sight to the blind.  Help everyone out, rather than making us all equally screwed.

If we add sales tax to Amazon (and other online American companies) it would steer money toward foreign companies that don't have to pay sales tax.  This would immediately widen the trade deficit.  So why aren't we talking about taxing foreign companies first?

This is yet another ill-conceived "Ruin America" bills that took 2 minutes of actual thought to craft (instead of the minimum 5 minutes that earns respect from me).  And then we implement it, everything goes horribly wrong, and the morons who pushed it all bleat, "Who could have foreseen THAT?"

I did.  Just now.  I saw it coming.  THis is a terrible idea.  The people who want it passed should all be ejected from office for being numbskulls who fall into one of two categories.

a. Too stupid to protect America.

b. Are actually smart, but their evil intent all along was to ruin America and then play dumb.

Either way, we don't need people like this in office.  Stick them in the "shut up and color" section of a kindergarten, with a box of crayons.

Message 12 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes