Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Re: Report Abuse?

Oct 15, 2003

Calean007 wrote:
Well, that's your opinion of course Gring, but it was written correctly, from a grammar standpoint. Maybe it was you just waking up?

Anyway, I have read the rules and I know what is expected. Since you did not ask me if I had read the rules or not, that was a gross assumption on your part. Which, I might add, has ultimately proven you to be wrong in what you stated. Had you asked me first, you probably would not have said what you wound up saying.

By the way, is it solely what one thinks as crap, or spam, the basis for determining whether or not it actually is crap and should be deleted? If it is, that is a very egocentric policy to begin with. I know these are the rules, but that is my opinion. I mean, what is one person's crap, is maybe something legitimate to another. Now if you are going in and posting stuff like, "Hi", or "bleh", in a thread, then yeah, I think in a global sense, everyone would think it's crap and should be trashed. However, in the Off topic area, if someone starts a thread about "Can you belch out the alphabet?", then is that really spam, or is it just a funny topic that someone started to strike up a conversation or pass the time?

See what I mean?

yea grammatically it was correct... but it was so grammatically correct that it was lame... looked like u were trying to impress ppl with ur grammr...

just cuz u read the n00bie guide doenst mean u know the rules... yesterday ur thread got deleted cuz it was crap.. u think complaining about stuff thats been going on since way before u were a member is gonna change stuff.. all it does is piss off the mods and the older members of the boards... if u dont like the way it goes then leave we dont want u here if ur just gonna complain... this is not a chat room.. there are thousand of members.. a single "passing the time thread" would get replies from all those ppl who wanna up there posts counts... the thread would never have and ending and would continue to grow in pages and posts.. ppl with threaded view sould be upset becasuse every time somebody would reply to that it would be bumped to the top and take up the whole first page... and usually posts like that become flame wars.. cuz one guy will say something.. and the other wont agree and they start fighting... men have this weird thing with startign flame wars.. its like a territorial thing *shrugs*...

and if u do a search u'll see that when the boards first started u can post about anything anywhere.. there was no such thing as spam... but now there too many members for that... thats why the rules have been changed... if u dont like it, like i said leave and stop whining
Message 71 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,CurtisMonks wrote:

,BaltimoreGirl wrote:
I haven't done it recently, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone was spamming out-of-control, or hacking people's accounts or something.

Does that have anything to do with you not being on these forums as often as you used to?

Yeah, probably!  The more I'm on, the more messages I can read, and the more likely I am to see one I'd report.  BTW, Curtis, I FINALLY got my DSL at home!  Yay!
Message 72 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4026 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,Rafe wrote:
I'm figureing something out and I need to know how many people do it and how often a day you would say you do it. Also tell me why you would report abuse?

Only when there is a need...
Message 73 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

Oct 15, 2003

Gringita709 wrote:

yea grammatically it was correct... but it was so grammatically correct that it was lame... looked like u were trying to impress ppl with ur grammr...

First of all, I am not here to impress anyone. Frankly, I could care less about you and what you think of me. You can say what you want, but know that I will never care. But here is what is funny. This is what you then posted.

ust cuz u read the n00bie guide doenst mean u know the rules... yesterday ur thread got deleted cuz it was crap.. u think complaining about stuff thats been going on since way before u were a member is gonna change stuff.. all it does is piss off the mods and the older members of the boards... if u dont like the way it goes then leave we dont want u here if ur just gonna complain... this is not a chat room.. there are thousand of members.. a single "passing the time thread" would get replies from all those ppl who wanna up there posts counts... the thread would never have and ending and would continue to grow in pages and posts.. ppl with threaded view sould be upset becasuse every time somebody would reply to that it would be bumped to the top and take up the whole first page... and usually posts like that become flame wars.. cuz one guy will say something.. and the other wont agree and they start fighting... men have this weird thing with startign flame wars.. its like a territorial thing *shrugs*...

I found this whole rant of yours funny, because you have the audacity of criticizing me for being lame due to my communicating in a clear manner. Then, you go on to post this run-on paragraph that, this fact notwithstanding, is hard to follow and understand you in a clear manner. In other words, I had to read it several times slowly to understand what you were saying. In public speaking, you learn very quickly that if you can't communicate clearly to your audience, your message will fall on deaf ears, as it almost did with me.

Lastly, your comment that this is not a chat room is technically correct. A chat room is usually a JAVA applet that scrolls in realtime on your screen. However, I think you meant to say this is not a place to chat, which is false. What other purpose for a message board is there other than to talk about subjects? The answer is, there isn't any other purpose for one.

So to review here:

A. I'm not here to impress anyone.

B. When you can resolve your own grammar and communication problems, then you may credibly criticize me.

C. Realize that this is a chat forum.

There will be a quiz later!
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Message 74 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Oct 15, 2003

Calean007 wrote:

Gringita709 wrote:

First of all, I am not here to impress anyone. Frankly, I could care less about you and what you think of me. You can say what you want, but know that I will never care. But here is what is funny. This is what you then posted.

ust cuz u read the n00bie guide doenst mean u know the rules... yesterday ur thread got deleted cuz it was crap.. u think complaining about stuff thats been going on since way before u were a member is gonna change stuff.. all it does is piss off the mods and the older members of the boards... if u dont like the way it goes then leave we dont want u here if ur just gonna complain... this is not a chat room.. there are thousand of members.. a single "passing the time thread" would get replies from all those ppl who wanna up there posts counts... the thread would never have and ending and would continue to grow in pages and posts.. ppl with threaded view sould be upset becasuse every time somebody would reply to that it would be bumped to the top and take up the whole first page... and usually posts like that become flame wars.. cuz one guy will say something.. and the other wont agree and they start fighting... men have this weird thing with startign flame wars.. its like a territorial thing *shrugs*...

I found this whole rant of yours funny, because you have the audacity of criticizing me for being lame due to my communicating in a clear manner. Then, you go on to post this run-on paragraph that, this fact notwithstanding, is hard to follow and understand you in a clear manner. In other words, I had to read it several times slowly to understand what you were saying. In public speaking, you learn very quickly that if you can't communicate clearly to your audience, your message will fall on deaf ears, as it almost did with me.

Lastly, your comment that this is not a chat room is technically correct. A chat room is usually a JAVA applet that scrolls in realtime on your screen. However, I think you meant to say this is not a place to chat, which is false. What other purpose for a message board is there other than to talk about subjects? The answer is, there isn't any other purpose for one.

So to review here:

B. When you can resolve your own grammar and communication problems, then you may credibly criticize me.

lol aww poor kid.. do u need ur mommy to help u understand what i wrote?

and by this is not a chat room u dont have to get so damn literal.. its not a chat room so there for u dont chat here.. i know what a chat room is... if u wanna chat then go to one.. thats what i meant.. maybe next time i should spell it out for u

I-S T-H-I-S B-E-T-T-E-R ?-?
Message 75 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12847 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,Calean007 wrote:

,Gringita709 wrote:

So to review here:

ok where do i start first she has been here a whole lot longer than you and knows alot more than you second your just a noob third get used to the grammer thats how everyone talks just cause you dont doesnt mean its the wrong way to talk fourth you cant learn the rules here just from the noobie guide you have to learn from being here
MACH-99. The one. The only. The guy that has too many girls.
Message 76 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Oct 15, 2003
oh and to clarify... a chat room u talk about what ever u want.. this is a gaming forum where u talk about games.. u cnt come in here and ask hey rafe how was ur day.. why? cuz its not a chat room... u cant talk about war related stuff.. or illegal stuff.. or anything that isnt appropriate... so its not like u can just "chat" if u got a gaming question or want to help ppl with their questions go for it but to talk crap u go somewhere else... ppl who have been here a while and have lots of friends here and want to announce something like they are moving or wont be online for a while its ok.. but a n00bie really doesnt have a reason to since nobody is gonna really care... unless u know some ppl.... i have about 350 Private Messages from friends and ppl who wanna ask me a question instead of posting it.. thats what thats for, u wanna talk crap do it thru there.. learn how to use it... maybe if u would of PMed a mod and asked about the "spamming" issue they would of clarified it for u... instead of starting a thread and whining about ppl reporting ur crap

and about my grammar i could care less if u cant understand it.. nobody has had problems reading and understanding it.. xcept for u... funny how so much education and u cant even understand me.. plus my career doesnt require me to write so i could care less... all i'll have to do is dispense medication
Message 77 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7538 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,Calean007 wrote:

So to review here:

Actually this isn't a "chat" forum.  It is used that way by many members.  Off Topic does not mean it is a chat room.

Message 78 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7538 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,BaltimoreGirl wrote:

Yeah, probably!  The more I'm on, the more messages I can read, and the more likely I am to see one I'd report.  BTW, Curtis, I FINALLY got my DSL at home!  Yay!
So you are back for good this time?  That is awesome, we have missed you for the last...forever.

Message 79 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Oct 15, 2003

bob talks wrote:

Calean007 wrote:

Gringita709 wrote:

So to review here:

ok where do i start first she has been here a whole lot longer than you and knows alot more than you second your just a noob third get used to the grammer thats how everyone talks just cause you dont doesnt mean its the wrong way to talk fourth you cant learn the rules here just from the noobie guide you have to learn from being here

i think u missed a comma or 2... or 10

almost everybody here types like this.. dont like it? leave

or stay and stop being so annoying
Message 80 of 93 (0 Views)
0 Likes