Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
9508 posts

Re: Report Abuse?

Oct 15, 2003

,Rafe wrote:
I'm figureing something out and I need to know how many people do it and how often a day you would say you do it. Also tell me why you would report abuse?

I think people that report other people for stuff like that are being rats... I mean, I udnerstand thats why Lithium put it there. but thats just the way I think. If I was a newpaper editor, I wouldn't go and have people who read the paper tell me all the typos, I'd find em myself. I think its the mods job, but I do understand that this site is larger then a newspaper, and will do my part in reporting if I double psot or somethign like that.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

Oct 15, 2003
Bob Talks - I cannot take anything that someone says seriously, when that person has a picture of Christina Aguilera(msp?) as their signature.

To clarify what this particular section's function is used for:

This is called Off-Topic, and logically, one would assume that means off topic from gaming right? So when someone says it's for talking about gaming, that's really not correct now is it? Incidentally, a message forum, by definition, is a place for people to talk, or chat if you will, about different topics.

Now, on the topic of your occupation not requiring you to type well, I can only ask this question. If you are a pharmacist, which I am assuming that you are based on what you posted, don't you have to know how to type up a prescription label clearly and correctly? You see, when I was a pharmacy tech, I was required to know how to do that. Otherwise, if I typed the following, "Hey n00b! Tak wun tab daily fer payne, and don't drink dairy products cuz it's uber bad!", probably that person wouldn't know what I am talking about. Plus, they probably wouldn't have much confidence in my intelligence by decimating the English language. In short, they would go elsewhere. Maybe it's different where you live? I don't know, and I don't care.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5648 posts

Oct 15, 2003

Rafe wrote:
I'm figureing something out and I need to know how many people do it and how often a day you would say you do it. Also tell me why you would report abuse?

I report abuse if I find the content offending or if it breaks the forum rules. I report abuse about 1 time a day. Its usually all from the WOTM board, since Delty doesn't go there much, I consider mysleft the WOTM Board mod
*sigh* yes I am greg4. I am a Blue LED
All my stats are gone.
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

Oct 15, 2003
Good point Alpha. I think so too. That is being rats.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8477 posts

Oct 15, 2003
i only reported once
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
545 posts

Oct 15, 2003
I AIN'T NO RAT SNITCH
[]D [] []V[] []D
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4719 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,--( Alpha )-- wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

I think people that report other people for stuff like that are being rats... I mean, I udnerstand thats why Lithium put it there. but thats just the way I think. If I was a newpaper editor, I wouldn't go and have people who read the paper tell me all the typos, I'd find em myself. I think its the mods job, but I do understand that this site is larger then a newspaper, and will do my part in reporting if I double psot or somethign like that.
The moderators here "work" entirely on a voluntary basis. In other words, we're just regular members like everyone else who do a little crowd control on the side. These forums are what you guys make of them. If you want a chaos-filled forum of insults and flaming, then fine, don't report... If you want a fun, clean environment to converse with your fellow gamers, then please, help us out a bit... We have lives too. We don't want to have to search through every single post in the community to ensure that you all have a suitable posting environment. So please, do your part to help so that we can do ours...
Zamboni
zamboni@lithium.com
Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669)
The views expressed in this message are in no way the
official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18646 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,Zamboni wrote:

,--( Alpha )-- wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

The moderators here "work" entirely on a voluntary basis. In other words, we're just regular members like everyone else who do a little crowd control on the side. These forums are what you guys make of them. If you want a chaos-filled forum of insults and flaming, then fine, don't report... If you want a fun, clean environment to converse with your fellow gamers, then please, help us out a bit... We have lives too. We don't want to have to search through every single post in the community to ensure that you all have a suitable posting environment. So please, do your part to help so that we can do ours...

The bluntness, I love it.

Indeed we all need to do our part in the boards. This is our community, and we all should help to keep the boards clean so the evolution of the board be for the better, not for the worst

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12847 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

,bob talks wrote:

ok where do i start first she has been here a whole lot longer than you and knows alot more than you second your just a noob third get used to the grammer thats how everyone talks just cause you dont doesnt mean its the wrong way to talk fourth you cant learn the rules here just from the noobie guide you have to learn from being here

i think u missed a comma or 2... or 10

almost everybody here types like this.. dont like it? leave

or stay and stop being so annoying

lol yaa i dont do commas

oh sry comma's.

MACH-99. The one. The only. The guy that has too many girls.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11513 posts

Oct 15, 2003

,bob talks wrote:

,Gringita709 wrote:

,bob talks wrote:

ok where do i start first she has been here a whole lot longer than you and knows alot more than you second your just a noob third get used to the grammer thats how everyone talks just cause you dont doesnt mean its the wrong way to talk fourth you cant learn the rules here just from the noobie guide you have to learn from being here

i think u missed a comma or 2... or 10

almost everybody here types like this.. dont like it? leave

or stay and stop being so annoying

lol yaa i dont do commas

oh sry comma's.

!but commas are your friend and so are apostraphies like you just used correct grammer is the way to go!

......yes i spelled grammar incorrect up there...

DDR:
Fascination MaXX, Healing~D~Vision Oni, Fascination ~eternal love mix~, Healing~D~Vision, MAX 300 Super Max-Me-Mix Oni, Paranoia Survivor MAX Oni, Paranoia Respect, MAX 300 Super Max-Me-Mix, The Legend of MAX, Paranoia Survivor MAX, Maxx Unlimited, MAX 300, Paranoia Survivor, Xepher, CHAOS, Sakura, Bag
ITG:
Summer ~speedy mix~ 13, Delerium 12, Vertex 12, Energizer 12
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 93 (8 Views)
0 Likes