lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 34 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Remember when gamers that liked xbox Ps2 and gamecube did get along

Oct 25, 2012

I own all the consoles, and while it's natural to prefer one over the others (I prefer my PS3), it is silly to start a "war" about it. I say just play what you like and don't worry about it, don't get involved in stupid fanboy crap.

But that being said, PS3 and Sony are the best in the business in my opinion.

Message 22 of 34 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I hated Sega.  Never bought one system from Sega.  Nintendo was my console, and then Sony.

I have a distinct memory of Sega owners hating Nintendo as well.  I still think Sega owners were mad at Sony and Nintendo for killing the system, so they went out and bought the X Box to get back at the other, more successful, consoles.

I will give credit where credit is due; X Box is definitely a quality system, but I will not give "rip off" Soft any more money than I have to.

The truth is, I think Sony provides better exclusive titles than X Box.  It was a long time before I bought a PS3, and I did give serious consideration to buying the X Box.  It simply came done to titles.  X Box has Halo, that's it.  Yes the processing speeds are higher for the X Box, and the graphics can be a little better.  What good is that if you are only going to play Halo.  I can get all other titles on my PS3, and they still look great.

Trolling and Spamming can get thrown out the widow on this thread, because it is not valid.  This is the PlayStation Forum, so it stands that the majority of people here own just the PlayStation, most if not all, for the several reasons I mentioned.  

No one is telling you, well maybe some, that X Box is horrible.  They just want to point out that this is the Sony PlayStation Forum and not the X Box forum.  That being said, talk of X Box can be construed as trolling and spamming, but I am not going to go there.  Yes I did it once, but I retract that now.  

In the Off-Topic Forum, you are free to discuss whatever you want, hence the name.  It does not make sense to fling out X Box talk, as it really doesn't fit here, but more power to you.

No one is trolling or spamming.  They are just making there argument for the system they love. Some do a better job than others.

If you happen to own both systems, then congratulations, you have ore money than I.  Enjoy the games folks, that is what they are meant for.

Moble

Message 23 of 34 (125 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I admit I don't get such extreme brand loyalty. Loving a company and it's products, of course, but to the exclusion of others? I have a PS3, 360, Wii, and a few handhelds. If a game is fun, I play it. If a console has enough fun games to justify the purchase to myself, I buy it. A company is not like a spouse-- it wants your $, but it doesn't really care if you have a fling. And even if it did, so what, as long as the ones you like get enough business to stay in business?

Well, if people want to be so loyal, that is their business. I'll enjoy my game harem. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 34 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Oct 26, 2012

No, I'm pretty sure people argued. My bff and I were arguing constantly.... well, more about this gen, but still.

photo 2224291_zps9f29b322.jpg
This is mah signature. It is a noice signature.
Message 25 of 34 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3198 posts

IRe: Remember when gamers that liked xbox Ps2 and gamecube did get along

Oct 26, 2012

There have always been "system wars" but the internet  has put it more in the spot light, I feel, then ever before.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 26 of 34 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: IRe: Remember when gamers that liked xbox Ps2 and gamecube did get along

Oct 26, 2012

I was never a fanboy for a certain system, because one system had games that I loved that the other didn't have. If you are a fanboy of a certain system then you are missing out on some great games. The only wars i've seen were between PC gamers and console gamers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 34 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Oct 27, 2012
My loyalty to the PS brand comes from the games. I could care less what console they're on..
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 28 of 34 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Oct 27, 2012

This war has always been here since the beginning. For me it started during the Wii stage. As a kid I didn't really take gaming (NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBC/GBA)  that seriously (or competitively), not until I got a Wii. This was the time I was getting into the whole online chatting thing like forums. So I guess that's why you are saying people used to get along back then, becuase I used to get along as well. I remember playing my friend's PS2 and XBOX and no where in my mind did I ever say "[company/system] is better than [company/system]".

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 29 of 34 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Yeah, i know, it's my generation's fault.

Message 30 of 34 (59 Views)
0 Likes