Highlighted
Nov 11 2012
By: SwizLarc First Son 1 posts

Regarding the PS4

3 replies 71 views Edited Nov 11, 2012
I'm starting to think, based on the logic behind the XBOX 720 rumors, that an upgradeable console is truly the only way for the consoles to survive. Gaming PC's are getting cheaper. Cell phones and tablets are nearing, if not already, console quality (and growing at a faster rate.). There are certain things I think must happen, other than just more power and being able to upgrade. Sony has this thing called an optical disc archive. The amount of storage space, and the read/write speeds are great! I think the PS4 needs those drives. Uncharted was over 50gb, and with 4k and eventually 8k for a ten year console (assuming that is the life span.), the drives life span is 50 years with plenty of storage for whatever the system throws at it. I also believe we should get read/write drives. Yes hackers can benefit, but the less we have on the hard drive the better. Imagine being able to store all your games dlc on its own disc. I think consoles should should have more than one more generation, but I don't think they'll even last this generation if they don't approach it with everything they've got! Maybe they will. These are only my opinions. What does everyone else think?
Message 1 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Regarding the PS4

Nov 11, 2012
I don't see the point of a read/write device, other than HDD or flash memory. A read/write drive would only drive up the cost.

I don't really know what you mean by an upgradable console, a console needs to have its basic specs locked for the duration of its lifecycle, so that costs can be controlled and lowered over time...
Message 2 of 4 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Actually, the whole "upgradable" thing is exactly why I don't own a PC. They're expensive and then on top of that you have to go out and buy really, really expensive crap to replace your old junk.

It's so annoying not being able to play a game or two, or even a ton of games simply because my PC (or hell, even console if it does come to that point) needs a tiny bit better graphics card.

We do need a new console, with tons of capabilities but breaking the 6 year cycle really doesn't help.
Message 3 of 4 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Actually, the whole "upgradable" thing is exactly why I don't own a PC. They're expensive and then on top of that you have to go out and buy really, really expensive crap to replace your old junk.

It's so annoying not being able to play a game or two, or even a ton of games simply because my PC (or hell, even console if it does come to that point) needs a tiny bit better graphics card.

We do need a new console, with tons of capabilities but breaking the 6 year cycle really doesn't help.

i own a decent PC. use it for gaming and it works perfect. has for 4 years. really fast and my internet connection helps out too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes