Jul 17 2013
By: jonaakey First Son 2 posts

Regarding Gaikai.

3 replies 117 views Edited Jul 17, 2013

So, as I'm sure some of you might know, before Sony purchased Gaikai, you were able to use the service on your PC browser, & you used it to play PC games.  Now that Sony owns Gaikai, they're using it to stream PS1, 2, & 3 games on the PS4.  Here's my question, though: When Gaikai for the PS4 launches, will they also bring back the ability to use it in PC browsers?  & does that mean you'll be able to use it to play Playstation games on your PC browser as well?  Like, here's a possible scenario I read off a YouTube comment: Basically you would buy a PS1, 2, or 3 game on the Playstation Store on your PS4, right?  & then you wold go on another device's browser, open the Gaikai Facebook App, login to PSN, & play the games you purchased on those other devices.  Is such a thing going to occur?  Because I would really enjoy such a thing.

Thanks,

jonaakey.

Message 1 of 4 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: Regarding Gaikai.

Jul 17, 2013
Interesting question, I too would like some enlightenment on this topic.
Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14536 posts

Jul 17, 2013

It is much to early to know exactly how and when SONY will roll out the Gaikai service for PS4.  There has been word that it will be out sometime in 2014, but at the moment not much is known.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 4 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I guess, but I'd kinda like to know if I would be able to run the revamped Gaikai on a Jolicloud laptop...
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes