Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2012
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4403 posts
Accepted Solution

Recent Occurrences of Flamebaiting by Newer Members

2 replies 94 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

Every once in a while I notice a member or two; or three, or more, whom I myself have had issues with in the past.  Its kind of a childish / guilty pleasure.

I do not profess to be an official monitor of any kind, and I have no illusions of being a Mod, Admin, or even an MVP.

This being said;I have noticed a few of the newer members, here, with a tendency to flame bait.  I am slowly learning to just ignore these people, and make it a practice to not participate in their threads.  These folks like to get the thread to a point where they can throw out their favorite tag lines, like; "you are ignorant", or "you are an idiot".  Behavior that is not becoming in the very least, and not productive at all.

In most occurrences, these threads start off mildly inflammatory, hoping to draw in someone to argue with.  Nothing can be said to sway these individuals from their flamboyant mindset, but they get so personal it becomes hard, for those who take the hook, to let go.

Obviously I am not going to throw names out there, but these individuals know exactly who they are, and what they are doing.  My question to them is; what is the point?

People come to this forum to share information, stories and even have a little fun at times.  Believe me, I can have some fun sometimes. I never initiate an argument that can have no more than one side.  I always stand ready to, respectfully, defend my position.  If someone flings mud at me, it is Human Nature to retaliate.  As I have said, I am working on, and getting better at, not retaliating.  It is better to walk away, rather than risk a kick-ban.

I am not entirely sure of the motivation of these individuals, as it suits no real purpose.  You can easily see them, and the negativity they spread by looking at there profile.  When you go into someone's profile and read all the threads and posts of theirs, and not one of them is positive or even light hearted, it make you wonder.  Why are these people on here?  

They are somewhat careful to work within the guidelines of the Forum, so as not to actually get kick-banned themselves.  They taunt and provoke, only looking for the reaction.  I suppose they go onto another Forum and brag about how they "lit someone up".  It is extremely childish and takes up space, IMHO.

To all you flamers, flame baiters, and straight up trolling spammers, GO AWAY!

No one wants you here.  No one wants to hear your crap.  No one really cares about you.  You are that white stuff that builds up in the corner of a dog's jowls.

Watch your back, you may find yourself outnumbered one of these days, with the entire Forum coming down on you.

Just a reminder...

Spoiler

I'm Watching You.jpg

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (94 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Re: Recent Occurrences of Flamebaiting by Newer Members

Dec 5, 2012
First thought you were talking about me... and then i saw chu was talking about those who doj't get banned.

Some people seem to insult me for no reason andthis saddens me alot. QQ. /derpface

If you got no haters, you ain't doing it right

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: Recent Occurrences of Flamebaiting by Newer Members

Dec 6, 2012

OMG_iTz_PANDA wrote:
First thought you were talking about me... and then i saw chu was talking about those who doj't get banned.

Some people seem to insult me for no reason andthis saddens me alot. QQ. /derpface

Ha ha, no.  You're not on my "list". YET! :smileywink:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes