Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: Reasons not to get PS4

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

GhostMachine1 wrote:

I bought the Playstation Surround Sound System and support for that is completely gone. I need a new remote for it and their surround system isn't even an option in their phone line and when I speak to someone they just say, "check ebay". Now my Playstation speaker is almost useless because there were features on the remote that are not available on the speaker's buttons.  

Bottom line is that I agree with you.

Calm down.... its nothing but a sound bar with Playstation logo on it. 

So that makes it okay that I spent $200 on it? Are you that much of a fanboy that you can't see the problem with that? I love Playstation but I can admit when Sony does something wrong.

Message 11 of 63 (368 Views)
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I will get it If it doesn't have Horror Survival (Super Horror like ghost games: Clock Tower 3, Fatal Frame series, Kuon, Rule of Rose, Obscure 1,2 or something like Haunted Ground, Resident Evil 1,2,3 ) just like PS3 didn't have any because they force to make game for kids playable.

Message 12 of 63 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2013

After I read that digital games from ps3 will not work on the ps4, I feel I do not want to spend the 100 or so a month on games anymore from the Japan and North American psn stores.  IMO this is a huge error and has an immediate impact on how much money I spend on digital content now.

Message 13 of 63 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Emulation of old games on the PS4 would be a (relatively) simple thing, so I believe that their decision to stream through cloud services is nothing more than DRM.

Message 14 of 63 (342 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

For those of us with 3 or more PS3's this was a cold move.  If I knew they would do this no way I would have bought a 3rd PS3. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Philly I didn't know you were rich!

Message 15 of 63 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

TracyHotGurl wrote:

I will get it If it doesn't have Horror Survival (Super Horror like ghost games: Clock Tower 3, Fatal Frame series, Kuon, Rule of Rose, Obscure 1,2 or something like Haunted Ground, Resident Evil 1,2,3 ) just like PS3 didn't have any because they force to make game for kids playable.

I feel you.

———————————————————————————————————
Be cool, be nice, remember to give Kudo for whom helped you.
Block whoever sent a $50 code: I8PH-CIBD-RK2H or 9DNK-NENR-R5GK to you, or tell them to stop.
Message 16 of 63 (331 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Heres my reasons I'm not upgrading right now
My ps3 is only 15 months old
Ps 4 no backward comp
Current psn games are stated not to work with ps4
Price
Graphics will still look like ps3 for a year or so
Wait and see if the console has issues and possibly a slim version
Message 17 of 63 (316 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Oh and I think streaming and the cloud is dumb guess I'm old school
Message 18 of 63 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 25, 2013

GhostMachine1 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

GhostMachine1 wrote:

I bought the Playstation Surround Sound System and support for that is completely gone. I need a new remote for it and their surround system isn't even an option in their phone line and when I speak to someone they just say, "check ebay". Now my Playstation speaker is almost useless because there were features on the remote that are not available on the speaker's buttons.  

Bottom line is that I agree with you.

Calm down.... its nothing but a sound bar with Playstation logo on it. 

So that makes it okay that I spent $200 on it? Are you that much of a fanboy that you can't see the problem with that? I love Playstation but I can admit when Sony does something wrong.

And for $200 you could have bought a decent HTIB.... the only person you have to blame is yourself.

Geez what is with you people and calling someone a fanboy in reference as a derogatory term? You say it like its a bad thing....

And where did you get "fanboy" out of me calling it nothing but a soundbar with a PS logo on it?

But I digress.... anytime someone has an issue with what they buy, they use the dollar amount they paid as some sort of entitlement/justificaion.
News flash.... every soundbar is going be about the same price no matter whos name is on it.

Maybe try calling Sony Support again... it seems someone you talked to was not in the mood to actually earn their paycheck.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 63 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Uzowa wrote:

Emulation of old games on the PS4 would be a (relatively) simple thing, so I believe that their decision to stream through cloud services is nothing more than DRM.

Umm No.....

Thats wrong.... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 20 of 63 (302 Views)
0 Likes