Highlighted
Dec 05 2012
By: GrayGargoyle Last Guardian 11777 posts

Ready to have your face melted off, Mr. Jones?

7 replies 106 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

Amazon has a deal today on the Blu-ray edition for Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures. At $40 (a $60 savings off the $100 price tag), I'm looking at this as a quality price for a movie collection that means a great deal. It's been a long time since I've seen any of the movies. Even the fourth film I haven't watched since it was in theaters. But, I'm happy to see this collection at a nice bargain.

Has anyone else out there been waiting for the price to come down on this Blu-ray package? If so, now might be an excellent time to whip out your wallet.

Message 1 of 8 (106 Views)
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Re: Ready to have your face melted off, Mr. Jones?

Dec 5, 2012

What I would like was an Epic Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy for Blu-Ray at an cool price of 50 bucks Smiley Happy

Haven't seen not one Indiana Jones movie. But that could change with a youtube clip

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7190 posts

Dec 6, 2012

The LotR extended trilogy has been $50 so many times, it's not even funny. Also, you NEED to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark (and all of them)

Message 3 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7424 posts

Dec 6, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

What I would like was an Epic Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy for Blu-Ray at an cool price of 50 bucks Smiley Happy

Haven't seen not one Indiana Jones movie. But that could change with a youtube clip

It was $43.49 just a few weeks ago on Amazon; I picked it up then.  This Indiana Jones bundle is a good deal also,  but I think I'll pass.

Message 4 of 8 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

One of the best movie scenes ever.

Moble

Message 5 of 8 (67 Views)
MVP Support
16973 posts

Dec 6, 2012

That scene always makes me laugh.  Loved it!

Something to be said for seeing some of the classics on the big screen.  I still remember going in 1981 when it came out, to the only theater in town with Dolby sound and having the teeth shaken out of your jaws by the sound.

Surround sound at home helps, but it's not quite the same.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 6 of 8 (62 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 6, 2012

vfr_800_rider wrote:

That scene always makes me laugh.  Loved it!

Something to be said for seeing some of the classics on the big screen.  I still remember going in 1981 when it came out, to the only theater in town with Dolby sound and having the teeth shaken out of your jaws by the sound.

Surround sound at home helps, but it's not quite the same.

Although, IMHO, Temple of Doom did not live up to Raiders; I did enjoy when they rehashed the idea, only Indie didn't have a gun in the holster.

It is funny to think of, especially since Temple of Doom took place in 1935, and Raiders in 1936.  It was actually the prequel.  Not many people know that. Smiley Wink

Moble

Message 7 of 8 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 6, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

It was $43.49 just a few weeks ago on Amazon; I picked it up then.  This Indiana Jones bundle is a good deal also,  but I think I'll pass.

Man I love Lord of the Rings. I found another site where I could get the extended trilogy for almost 10 dollars a pop, except it was only on DVD. I'll pick it up anyway Smiley Happy

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 8 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes