Lombax Warrior
267 posts

Re: Read this before you decide on a DLP television!!!!

Jan 10, 2007
I haven't seen any either, I could see where a few might have the problem, but anything like 2 out of 20 would be something the manufacturers should flag as a problem. Plus, most (if not all) places have built in warranties. Samsung has a one year on DLPs which helped me to pick out my 50" and that's a TV I absolutely love!
Message 11 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Eviscerate wrote:
I got news for you, High end or low end DLP, I can see the rainbow effect in them all.  And it is not common knowledge to people who are not familiar with HDTVs.  Sorry we are not as cool and advanced as you, I am just putting this up in case it helps someone.

Message Edited by Eviscerate on 01-10-2007 10:09 AM

What I mean is tough luck.  I'm amazed how how little research people do before dropping serious money on a new big screen HDTV.  You should have done your homework.  It's nice of you to warn others though.
Proud to be part of the 12th man! Go Hawks!

Message 12 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Flumshid wrote:

Eviscerate wrote:
I got news for you, High end or low end DLP, I can see the rainbow effect in them all.  And it is not common knowledge to people who are not familiar with HDTVs.  Sorry we are not as cool and advanced as you, I am just putting this up in case it helps someone.

Message Edited by Eviscerate on 01-10-2007 10:09 AM

What I mean is tough luck.  I'm amazed how how little research people do before dropping serious money on a new big screen HDTV.  You should have done your homework.  It's nice of you to warn others though.

Sorry, didnt mean to jump down your throat, must have misunderstood you, but I didnt buy the DLP, I got the LCD.  I would have bought the DLP, it was cheaper, but was forced to buy LCD.

Message Edited by Eviscerate on 01-10-2007 10:14 AM

Message 13 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Jan 10, 2007
the only DLP's that dont have a Rainbow Effect( to some viewers) are the 3 chip DLPs that are in theaters and such that cost 3-4 times the amount of a 1 chip DLP.

The Rainbow effect has a chance to be in all DLP tv's, just because you cant see it, dosnt mean noone can.

PSN: Stink_fist
Free Image HostingFree Image Hosting
Message 14 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jan 10, 2007
I can see it on my projector from time to time.. it's not really that bothersome.
Message 15 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Stink_fist wrote:
the only DLP's that dont have a Rainbow Effect( to some viewers) are the 3 chip DLPs that are in theaters and such that cost 3-4 times the amount of a 1 chip DLP.

The Rainbow effect has a chance to be in all DLP tv's, just because you cant see it, dosnt mean noone can.

Woopsy wrong link lol
PSN: Stink_fist
Free Image HostingFree Image Hosting
Message 16 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Stink_fist wrote:

Dude.  **bleep**? 

Not exactly the same thing.
Proud to be part of the 12th man! Go Hawks!

Message 17 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4649 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Flumshid wrote:

Way to research.  That "rainbow" effect is common knowledge with some lesser DLP's.  It's the main factor in me purchasing an LCOS.

Message Edited by Flumshid on 01-10-2007 10:08 AM

even though ranbow effect is minimal these days, when i did my shopping i wasnt sure if i would see it or if i wouldnt, in any case using smart shoping skills i opted for lcd since ive seen lcd for years and its issues are less anoying then dlp. i think the user should have weighed the pros and cons and gone on the safe side. dlp is a good bang for your buck, but lcd is a little safer.
Motorstorm in 720p
Q: How much of the PS3���s capacity are you using with this game?
A:We are using all of the SPU processors and all of the memory
Message 18 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1504 posts

Jan 10, 2007
every tv has something that is or could become a problem so it is best to research and actually veiw the model in the store before you purchase it
60gb ps3 gaming sense 11-17-06 12:42a.m.
Message 19 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jan 10, 2007

Stink_fist wrote:

Stink_fist wrote:

Woopsy wrong link lol

That is the exact article I read before I went shopping for a TV.  Thank god for Wikipedia.

Message 20 of 23 (0 Views)
0 Likes