Big Daddy
19357 posts

Re: Racist People In School

Apr 10, 2007
i seen this video two days ago where this skinny asian was fighting this white bigger kid because he was getting picked on...and the bigger white dude lost badly...he got his teeth knocked...it was one crazy fight
Why, yes, I was born on January 1, 1905."
Message 51 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Apr 10, 2007

InsaneHanz wrote:
The term African American is stupid unless a person is refering to someone who was born in Africa and lives in America.  You can't call a black person African American if you don't know them because their ancestors could be from someplace like Jamaica or Brazil.  If we're going to call black people African Americans we should call white people European Americans.

AminitaVerosa wrote:
the term african americans implys decent.  they dont have to be born in africa, and if you think about it, every single human being on earth is related to people who came from africa. i see no better argument for the idea of one single "race" 

no, i know what youre talking about.  what im saying is that lables only complicate and exasorbate the situation.
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 52 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4234 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Yeah I have seen it in my school too.
All the time racist comments about Latino's African American's, so on and so on, I don't get it.

RLS and GAP Member since 2007
Message 53 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8602 posts

Apr 10, 2007
The world still needs to be able to label people.  For example, it really helps in catching a criminal if the description of the person includes the race.  If the description is a Male 5'9" wearing a blue shirt and black pants, the color of the person's skin would help in narrowing down the possible suspects.

AminitaVerosa wrote:

InsaneHanz wrote:
The term African American is stupid unless a person is refering to someone who was born in Africa and lives in America.  You can't call a black person African American if you don't know them because their ancestors could be from someplace like Jamaica or Brazil.  If we're going to call black people African Americans we should call white people European Americans.

AminitaVerosa wrote:
the term african americans implys decent.  they dont have to be born in africa, and if you think about it, every single human being on earth is related to people who came from africa. i see no better argument for the idea of one single "race" 

no, i know what youre talking about.  what im saying is that lables only complicate and exasorbate the situation.

Message 54 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3440 posts

Apr 10, 2007
i'm part mexican, caucasian, and filipino, and i find it funny when spanish-speaking people talk crap in spanish and think i don't understand. (i mostly look white). fact of the matter is, racism comes from every race, no single race is special. and most races are subject to racism because races are so generalized. (if you speak spanish, you're mexican, if you're black, you're culture is "stereotypical black". if you're some form of asian, then you're either: chinese or japanese.)

i'm not even mexican and caucasian, i just used those cause they are generalized. i'm guatemalan, and norwegian. but to anyone else, i'm from mexico, or america. *shrug*. when in truth, i was born in japan, and raised american.

a lot of the "victims" of racism..... are racist themselves, and personally, i don't think "because people are racist to us" justifies being racist in return. you're either racist or not, there's no in-between. the sadder part is they are too stubborn to see it themselves.

you should just ignore it and move on. but it's paramount that you are not racist right back at them. racism is a form of shallow judgment, and if people get to know you, then race won't even matter.
Then again, well, actually nevermind.
Message 55 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Sticks and stones.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 56 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Apr 10, 2007

InsaneHanz wrote:
The world still needs to be able to label people.  For example, it really helps in catching a criminal if the description of the person includes the race.  If the description is a Male 5'9" wearing a blue shirt and black pants, the color of the person's skin would help in narrowing down the possible suspects.

AminitaVerosa wrote:

InsaneHanz wrote:

AminitaVerosa wrote:

for sure man, a physical trait, we just all have to work on removing the nasty little steriotypes and things we throw inthere on top of it, which is a lable.
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 57 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8066 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Kung-fu fighter...I lol'd.
Message 58 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Apr 10, 2007
I know WTH I'm Black/White and people at my HighSchool were all racist saying in the cafeteria "Sorry DOG, there's no fried chicken today..." I jumped em' with friends later though
Photobucket
Message 59 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Apr 10, 2007
You've dropped to last in my book Shilon_Seal...
Photobucket
Message 60 of 70 (0 Views)
0 Likes